Tuesday, February 16, 2010

My Valentine

Jake and I had a great Valentines Day, inspite of me working all weekend and having clinicals. I was too tired to do much of anything, but we had fun. Saturday night Jake surprised me with dinner when I got home from work. He is so sweet. As most of you know I went to Ecuador last August. And I LOVE Ecuadorian food, especially this one soup called Locre de Queso. So Jake decided to make me this for my Valentines dinner, he also make Dulce de Leche, and an appetizer that they eat with Avocados, lettuces, eggs, etc...well the appetizer was great! Jake wouldn't even let me taste the soup because he said it tasted so gross....and the Dulce de Leche burned :) But I don't even care, it was still sweet of him. He offered to go to Olive Garden for dinner, but I was full after the appetizer, so we went and got a movie and came home and watched Julie and Julia, it was really cute.



Jake's Dulce de Leche



Sunday morning Jake went to meeting for church but then when he got back he came over and we made Valentine pancakes! Yay! We also had my favorite, Orange Rolls. For dinner I made him his favorite meal, Beef Stroganoff, and then kinda made up my own recipe for a Reese Peanut Butter Cup Cheesecake, which turned out pretty good! I didn't take any pictures of them because I forgot, but for Valentines I made the fortune cookies again like I did last year, I loved them last year so figured I'd just do them again! But I made 12 with little notes inside for Jake, there was one for each week until we get married that he gets to open every Sunday. He also loves Chocolate Covered Pretzels so I made him some of those too. He got me 2 pairs of shoes! And wrote me a sweet, very Jake-like poem that I love :) I love you so much Jake! Thanks for all you do!









1 comment:

Nicole said...

Kara this is so cute! I miss you! I'm glad to see you so happy, your valentines day sounds like so much fun...despite the burned food :) Also, and I know you know this--you are an amazing cook. You're just great!