For our honeymoon Jake and I went to Ft. Lauderdale Florida. We had SO much fun just lounging on the beach ALL THE TIME! We stayed at a beach resort on Pompano Beach. The weather was great. We ate so much yummy food, went on tons of walks, and slept in late!
We stayed at the Little America Hotel in Salt Lake after our reception
They gave us these cute chocolate dipped strawberries, Martinelli Sparkling Cider, and a rose!
The view off of our balcony
Making sand castles
This place was a total DIVE, Hole in wall, whatever you wanna call it, but the food was FANTASTIC. When we go back, we'll be eating here...It's called Briney's Irish Pub. It's right off Pompano Pier.
There was a "Dangerous Marine Life Warning" the whole time we were there. It was for these Jellyfish. They were washed up all down the beach. Jake and I were picking up shells and this one washed up right next to us!
We got back from Ft. Lauderdale Thursday afternoon, came home unpacked, repacked, got in the car and DROVE the 23 hours to Illinois. We drove straight through...we stopped somewhere in Wyoming for 1 hour and slept in the car...On the way back we stopped for only 30 minutes. We were SOO tired! We got into St. Louis at about 6 Friday night and decided to stop at the temple and do a session. So inspite of our exhaustion we did, and we stayed wide awake the whole time! I couldn't believe it.
After our Illinois reception Jake wanted to go for a ride in the Jeep, this is a very old Jeep that him and his dad rebuilt and restored before Jake went on his mission. (It has some fancy name and year I'm sure but I have no idea what it is :))
We had so much fun on our honeymoon and going out to Illinois. By the time we got home the following Monday afternoon we were SO tired. We slept very nicely that night! And got back to real life...Only 2 days after we got back on Wednesday Jake started getting really sick, he has a terrible headache. He tried to just sleep it off, take some Ibuprofen, and get rid of it but nothing helped. By Thursday night he was in so much pain he was just twitching and he had a fever of 101.2. I was really worried so I called Jake's brother to come give him a blessing. They came over and gave it to him but I still was really worried and we decided it was best to go to the hospital. So we went to the ER. We had a VERY bad experience there and left with the doctor just telling Jake he had a migrane. Well 2 years of nursing school hasn't left me stupid and I know that you don't have fevers of 102 with a migrane..I knew there was something else going on. So somehow we made it through the night...Jake convulsing in pain and I called one of the doctors that I work with at the hospital and he said to bring him in right away. I took him in, practically carrying him, by this time he could barely walk, and everyone knew there was something going on. They did a lumbar puncture, admitted Jake to the hospital, and a few hours later we had a diagnosis of Meningitis...oh great. For those of you who don't know this is a very serious illness. There are two kinds, bacterial and viral. Bacterial can kill you in less than a week of having it if you don't get treatment immediately, Viral, if not caught early, can cause deafness, and many other complications, but you live. LUCKILY he was diagnosed with an extremely rare cause of viral meningitis, with a virus normally only found in the GI tract...with a lot of pain meds Jake was finally feeling ok. We were discharged from the hospital Saturday afternoon. It took a few days but Jake finally started feeling better, getting his appetite back and was able to go back to work about 5 days later, on Thursday. Well this same day I started coming down with....an excruiating headache! Causing me to twitch. And a fever of 101. Oh yay. So off to the ER we went! With many pain meds I was finally able to return to being human a few days later.
So in a nut shell that was Jake and I's first month of being married. Just grand. No, we really had fun inspite of it all, we are loving married life!














No comments:
Post a Comment