Jake & Kara Welker
Nov. 2010
I thought I would do a little update on what is going on around the Welker household since it's been a while.
Jake: Jake has been staying *very* busy with school and that is an understatement. Last week he was on campus until 1am every night except one because he forgot one of his books and had to come home and get and just finished working on stuff here. He only has 2 more semesters of school left after this one so his classes are getting pretty brutal. He recently applied for some internships with Boeing, his dream job, and just found out this week that he is being considered for 9 of the internships that he applied for! So we are really excited about that. The internship would be this coming summer at any of the Boeing workshops around the country, so we could be just about anywhere next summer...His back-up plan for if he doesn't get this internship is a 2 week trip to China with the Civil Enginneering Dept, and no I would not be going :( So we are just hoping that he gets the internship for now! Basically his life consists of school and trying to see me every now and then.... :)
Kara: I graduated at the beginning of August, took my NCLEX 3 weeks later and passed and started my new job as a Registered Nurse that Tuesday. It was a very stressful month...Mostly since then I have just been loving my new job! I've been working on my own for about a month now and it's been great. I work on the Medical/Oncology floor, same one that I worked on as a PCT, and I still love it! I've also been diving more into my new hobbies working out, photography, sewing, and then keeping up the old hobby and love of cooking and party planning. My current project is my friend Emily's daughter Linnea's 2nd birthday party. (Stay tuned for pics from that in a month or so). I haven't had much time to sew lately so I plan on picking that back up in the next week hopefully. 

Both of us: The last 6 months in between all the craziness we've managed to go on many family vacations and weekend getaways. Camping all over, going to Bear Lake, Island Park, and Manti a lot too. We have loved being married and spending time together and Jake is such a good sport to tag along with me. Yesterday we spent the entire day shopping...from Christmas decorations, to new clothes, to groceries, he didn't complain a bit. It was great! He's a very good sport (for now). My mom tells me to enjoy it while it lasts :) So I will! We are really looking forward to the Holidays coming up and being able to see family! We love going to Manti and having the whole family together so we are really looking forward to it! 2011 is going to a great year too, with lots of changes for us (Jake graduating) so we are very excited!
Hope every one is doing well!
All pictures taken by me at Bridal Veil Falls.







3 comments:
You did a great job with all the pictures. I remember hitting the 6 month mark I felt like I was no longer having to say we had just gotten married. I could then say it has been over 1/2 a year.
Wow, great pictures! I am so impressed. Don't you love being done with nursing school so you can do things besides wake up early and write papers? Once Jake is done life will be good--hang in there!
Love the pictures! I am so grateful that Jake puts up with our crazy family. Tell him he will go to heaven for sure if he can love us with a smile! :)
Post a Comment