Thursday, December 2, 2010

Oh Christmas Tree...

A few weeks ago Jake and I decided it was time to start searching for a Christmas Tree...after no luck with finding an artificial one we concluded that we needed a real one...Mostly so that we don't have to store it afterwards...So Monday for FHE we headed to the woods (the corner of State and 800 N), found a tree in the bitter cold (literally), and cut it down (lifted it up off the the little bar in the ground...). Not quite like the old days of searching for a tree in the Uintah's, but it'll do for now :) We got a pretty awesome tree...


He's excited can ya tell...I think he's wondering how he's gonna get it from there to the living room...alone...


What? He said he didn't need help! So I kindly offered to take pictures...he only kinda slipped once...
:)


Putting on the lights. Now it may seem with all of these pictures that I didn't help...but I did. Ok maybe a only a few times did Jake have to say..."I need some help with these lights..." 



We're He's wierd... :) Just kidding, I'll take some of the blame...


See I helped...these things were a mess!


Jake had to finish...he's the only one patient enough. 


We got our yearly ornament, we got a "Our First Christmas" Ornament from Jake's family last year, but we decided to get this one because they were in wedding clothes. We only engaged during Christmas last year.
I love this little ornament though! (Thank you Sally!!) 


Ta Da! The finished product! I love it! And it smells amazing! I had bought an evergreen candle to burn during Christmas but I guarantee I'm not gonna need it! This little bugger smells up the whole place! (And fills it up with pine needles...grrr)
We may or may not add ribbon later...Jake wants to, I don't want to bother with it anymore. We'll see who wins...

1 comment:

Zack and Sky said...

That is a beautiful tree Kara! The ornament is really cute too!