Last week was my Grandpa's
beautiful funeral. And it
was beautiful
. The speakers did a wonderful job of portraying the person that he was, and that he would
want to be remembered by. His love of the gospel, his love of his family and his friends, and his love of horses. He was a
true cowboy. Hardworking, strong, and kind. When I was little I spent most of my time hanging out with Grandpa, he always called me his right hand partner. He always made me feel so special. The days after his passing up to his funeral I had a really hard time accepting that he was gone. The funeral put me at
peace though. Knowing I will see my Grandpa again. Like he would say, "Life is a journey, Death is going home." I will miss you Grandpa :)
Police escort
Presenting my Grandma with the flag. His name will also be placed on the Wall of Honor in the Salem City Cemetery.
21 gun salute.
The Brothers and Sisters.
3 comments:
Kara, sorry to hear about your grandpa. I hope you are doing okay.
I am so sorry Kara. My Grandpa is 85 and I know what is coming too, I dont like it. But I love his quote about life being a journey! Awesome man. Hope your doing good.
Thank you you guys :) I appreciate your comments! I really do.
Post a Comment