Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Pregnancy...thus far

Well as most everyone knows now we are having a baby this October. We really are so excited we don't know how we are going to wait for 6 more months...Ahhh!! It'll be good though. I am just over 13 weeks along right now, it's my last week in the first trimester! Which I will happily say good bye to :) I started off feeling terrible right from the start...We found out at about 6 weeks, due to the fact that I had been so sick for 3 days straight, with no fever, nothing...I was confused...Then the thought crossed my mind....maybe...And we were thrilled to find out our suspicions were true! After about 2 weeks of constant either feeling like I was going to throw up at any second or actually throwing everything up I gave up and called my doctor and got me some Zofran. And it has made life about 10x better! I still get nauseated, but at least the Zofran allows me to eat and keep it down! I can tell that I am getting better though, I can even go some days without taking the Zofran sometimes, I am still nauseated when I don't, but it is tolerable. It all just depends on the day! Some days are better than others and if it is a days that I work, I always take the medicine because there is no way I can work and feel like that. As far as cravings go I haven't really had anything weird. Mostly I just LOVE milk for some reason. It is all I ever want to drink, I go through 2-3 gallons a week. Jake just laughs. But other than that there hasn't been one thing that I always want....I will get different random cravings. I have pretty much completely lost my sweet tooth. Nothing sweet or desserty sounds good at all. Only sour things! I love my sour patch kids now! It is pretty sad that a box of girl scout cookies and a bag of Mini Cadbury Eggs have sat in our pantry for about 2 months now... I think almost worse than the nausea is the constant feeling of hunger...It's never ending! I have come to hate food! I dread eating because it usually doesn't taste good and I am usually still hungry afterwards. I feel like I just eat constantly. I thought for sure I would go to last doctors appointment and I would've gained like 10 pounds but turns out I had lost weight...So the doctor says I need to eat more and this months goal is to gain weight...So I am trying.  Overall there is no way I could do any of this if it wasn't for Jake, to say he has been wonderful would be an understatement. He has cooked himself countless meals, gone to school and work all day to come home and do the dishes, clean the house, everything...because if I even thought about moving it better have just been to go to the bathroom to throw up... He's made 11:00 runs to Arby's because all I can think about is a Roast Beef Sandwich, or to Wal-Mart at 10 PM to get the stuff for 7 layer bean dip, and come home and made it because that is my momentary craving...And after I finish eating all these things he goes and gets for me he just sits there patiently rubbing my back as I throw it all back up...We have grown closer together as a couple more in the last 3 months than we ever had in the year and a half before that. No way I could do it without him. But mostly we are just thrilled to welcome this little peanut into our family and can hardly wait!!

1 comment:

Anna said...

So sweet, it makes me even excited to start a family! Not the throwing up part, just the closeness with your husband part :)