Wow. I cannot believe it has been almost 2 months since I blogged! It makes me sad because I don't want to get out of the habit of blogging, I love reading other people's blogs, I've just been too lazy to update my own! But here is an update of what's happened with us since last time....
At the end of July Jake ran a half marathon with my cousin Jeremy, and my sister. It was the 1st annual Marathon/Half Marathon in Morgan. It was his first one and he liked it. He didn't really train much...but he still did really well!
My cousin Jeremy.
The race went right past my house so we waited and cheered for them there, then when they passed we jumped in the car to meet them at the finish line.
Jake did really well, especially for not training...He ran the whole thing in an hour and 40 minutes, 2nd place in his age group. Jeremy finished about 3 minutes before Jake did.
He was beat.
They did all get massages afterwards though! He loved that, his muscles didn't get too sore after since they got these. He did have a hard time walking most the rest of the day though, haha. His legs were just too tired to hold himself up!
Jake's birthday followed the next week. I took pictures, but I accidently deleted them all! I'm so sad :( I spent so much time on his cake and now every picture is gone...oh well. We started celebrating the Sunday before our very good friends Chance and Anna came over and had cake with us. Jake wanted an ice cream cake this year so I made a Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream Cake with Whipped Cream Frosting and a Chocolate Ganache. It was de-lish. (When it wasn't melting...:)) On Jake's actual birthday he wanted to go to his favorite, Red Robin.
The only picture of Jake's birthday that didn't get deleted...Any of Jake's closest friends will know how much he loves the "old cartoons". Especially Looney Tunes. So I got him all 5 volumes. I also got him a new Hand Sander. He got a few Home Depot gift cards and he used those to get a new Router. He is very pleased with his new tool selection.
For his birthday my parents bought us tickets to The Sound of Music up at Sundance. It was SOOO good. We loved it. We went with them, my grandparents, and some good family friends the Rose's. We had so much fun. Thanks Mom and Dad!
The next week I had my first baby shower, thrown by my cousin, aunt, and mom. It was a blast. We had a breakfast shower and my cousin made this really awesome Quiche. We all still need the recipe. I'm not kidding, this stuff was to die for. We played games, opened presents, and did a lot of visiting. The picture above is one (of the million) outfits/gifts given to us from my mom. It is so cute. I love the little cowgirl boots. Cannot wait to take her to her first rodeo in this!
The amazing afghan my grandma made for us. I LOVE LOVE it so much. It is so pretty.
Afghan from my mom.
Some of our gifts hanging up. We got so many really really cute things. I can't wait! Thanks everyone who came! We appreciate it so much!
The following week 2 of my very best friends, who happen to also be my coworkers, threw me a shower. Unfortunately I didn't get as many pictures at this shower. It was really cute though! We had crepes and chocolate fountains. It was delicious. Thanks every who came! And to Jess and Sharly for throwing it :) I love you two :)
Jake started school again a few weeks ago. He got a whole 2 weeks off! It was much needed though. And this is his LAST SEMESTER (of undergrad at least...) But oh are we so excited about that! It'll be a tough semester, 2 of his engineering classes this semester are grad level, so they'll be tough. He is all registered for the FE (Fundementals of Engineering) Exam so all he needs to do is pass that, and finish this semester and he can start working as a civil engineer. YAY! He has started applying for jobs, at this point we have absolutely no idea where we are going to end up. It seems like most of the jobs are in Texas so it is looking like it may be there, but who knows. Come January we really could be anywhere. Yeah I'm thrilled about moving across the country with a 3 month old :) It'll be awesome. haha
Other than all this we have been spending lots and lots of time getting ready for this baby! We hadn't really bought anything because we wanted to wait until the showers were over so that we could know what we needed. So the last month it has just been back and forth to Babies 'R Us. It has been so crazy. Every time we leave I tell Jake, ok I think we have everything. By the time we get home we have another list of things that we need. It really is nuts how much you need for one very tiny person! We have so many adorable things that we are so excited to use/see her wear! Jake loves setting up all of the swings, bouncers, pack and play, etc. It is cute. He is so excited.
Baby could really be coming any day now...The Dr. says almost definitely not this week. But we go back on Monday and we'll see what happens then! He says she will more than likely be coming early though. I am most than ok with that! It is coming fast though I can't believe it! I'm 37 weeks now so anytime would really be ok! We cannot wait, we are sooo ready to meet our little girl! I promise to be a better blogger after she is born. It'll all just be pictures of her though I'm sure. I'm ok with that though, haha.
3 comments:
Wow! Go Jake! In my mind I want to do a half marathon, but then I run around the block and say forget it :) I wish I were there to see this cute little babe when she gets here. Posts lots of pictures! I will have to live through your blog for now. It was great to see you guys at dinner; thanks for coming! Maybe someday we can actually spend more than 2 hours every 6 months together. Good luck!
Nothing worse than accidentally deleting pictures! That's so sad! But you look great, and I hope you're doctor is right about going early! That picture of all my old coworkers makes me sad! I miss you guys!
I haven't seen you in so long! I love your cute little belly....and I'm so excited for you to have a little girl!
While I was here I stalked around your blog a little too, and your grandparent's anniversary party is so cute! I'm filing some of those ideas away for the future :)
I hope you are doing well!!
Post a Comment