Thursday, October 13, 2011

1 week

Emery is one week old! Actually it was yesterday but her 1 week doctor appointment wasn't until today so I wanted to wait to get her "stats" before blogging about it. I print out my blog so this is my journaling so sorry if I bore you with thousands of pictures and details, I just want to keep track of every minute! We have absolutely loved having her home. We have so much fun just watching her look around discovering things, doing tummy time, everything! 
Emery at 1 week is
 7 lbs 10 oz-39th percentile
19.5 inches
still perfectly healthy!

A few facts about Emery.
4 days old:

-She loves to be naked! If she is sad I just strip her and put her on her changing table. It has a chemise cover from Pottery Barn that is SO soft she loves it. She will just sit there and look around, perfectly happy.

-She is starting to recognize Jake and I. If I put her somewhere and start talking she will instantly turn to look at me and she is getting better at focusing on our faces. She will just stare and stare, I love it.


-She loves her sleep! She usually only wakes up once a night between 4:30-5:30, stays up for an hour eating, then goes back to sleep until 9-10. It is great.

-She loves to cuddle...or at least know I am nearby. I will set her down and leave the room and she starts to whimper. Makes it really difficult to get anything done! I have learned though if I leave I can talk to her and she is ok hearing my voice.


-She loves having her diaper changed...weird I know, but if she is crying she will stop. Not sure if it is because of the soft changing table cover, or losing the diaper, but she loves it. 

-She eats SO much. Really for such a little girl, I don't know where it goes. 


5 days old:

Things Jake and I have learned since Emery came into our lives
-No amount of planning will ever ensure that you are on time. If you need to be somewhere by 2, start getting ready as soon as you get up! You never know when you'll have time again.

 Big yawn!

- We never realized how hard it would be to keep up on our relationship...even with just one little newborn it is still hard to find time for us. 
-I never thought it was possible for me to be more of a worrier than I was with just Jake! I wake up multiple times a night just to make sure she is still breathing...I get scared riding in the front seat in the car because i can't check on her every second. It is ridiculous really.
Emery's first "sponge" bath

-Jake says, "Bringing a baby into the world is more hectic than my worst finals week, but a lot more rewarding."
And he's right. We love this little girl!



No comments: