Saturday, November 15, 2014

First Snow



On Thursday we got our first snow of the year! A little later this year than most years it seemed, but it came. I don't miss the snow when it's gone, and I'm in no rush to get it here either. Thursday made for an interesting day on the roads. They were TERRIBLE. I got in a teeny tiny can't even call it an accident that caused some major car damage. I don't even know how it is possible....I was trying to turn (in Jake's car) and it was so icy I just slid right into the curb. But apparently it somehow messed up the alternator and won't even run now. So Jake has been working on replacing the alternator in our car today. But hopefully that is the extent of our winter car woes this year. 
The girls really wanted to play in the snow this morning. Emery still needs snow boots and gloves, but I just threw her tennis shoes on her and she was fine for now. This was Macie's first time playing in the snow and she loved it. She was a little snowman in her snow suit and could barely walk, but man is it cute. Jake has a thing with the kids having fancy outdoorsy clothing. So every winter we make a trip to get nice Columbia winter gear. It is so cute that I don't complain. We will definitely be spending many hours outside in the snow! 



No comments: