Thursday, July 30, 2015

Kogan Reunion

I'm finally getting around to posting about the family reunion we went to weeks ago. This is the Kogan/Gardner reunion. My grandma and great grandma's side. This awesome picture is from the Salt Flats. Someday I WILL take our family pictures out here!!
We got out there on the evening of July 2nd. Mostly that night we had dinner, set up our camp, and just caught up with people we hadn't seen in a while. 

The next morning after breakfast and stuff, they had some kids crafts for them to work on. Jake helped the Emery make a boat. I just realized that I never got a picture of it after it was done. I am so bummed because it was cute! She did a good job on it. There was a pool that they raced them in. Emery loved it. 


My mom also helped them make some finger puppets. 

They hit water balloons, and then had a massive water balloon fight afterwards.  

Then they had a hunt for polished rocks and money that had been hidden. The girls really loved it. 

They got a lot of money! Emery and Macie actually got more than everyone, it might help that they are so short and closer to the ground...haha

They got some prizes at the auction. 

Sweet Reese. 

That afternoon we went on a big long 4 wheeling ride. It was about 4 hours! And had the potential to be longer, but some people started to run out of gas...and Macie grabbed the exhaust pipe on our four wheeler and burnt her hand :( I felt so bad! We had no ice or anything to help her. One of my cousins had an ice pack that hadn't melted all the way that helped for a little while, but we had at least an hour before we could be back to camp. Luckily she fell asleep before it melted completely and slept the whole way back. She woke up and was on her way. Didn't bother her at all any more. She had 2 blisters on her fingers, but she never let it slow her down. 




Saturday was the 4th of July. Since I knew we were going to be camping I didn't want to get the kids too fancy of festive clothes to wear, but when I found these dresses, they were perfect! Macie is obsessed with dresses, and it was so hot it kept them cool and festive at the same time. 


Oh those 3 melt me. 

My grandma's sister, my Aunt Colleen, had planned a project for all the kids that day to make a scrapbook page of my great great grandma Jozefa Blatnik Kocjan (Kogan). She came over from Austria. 


My grandma and her 2 sisters. Mattie Jean, Faylene, and Colleen. There brother Duane was there for a little while too but we never got a picture. 





The night of the 4th we went into Ely to watch the fireworks!

Sunday was the day we left. We packed up our camp and got everything loaded up and headed into Lund to go visit my grandpa's grave. There were some weeds growing on it so we weeded it a little. Then we walked around and looked at our ancestors graves. I don't know all of the relations, but the names are all familiar, I have heard and read their histories over the years. There were too many to take pictures of them all. 
Then it was time to head home. Emery and Macie were bummed, they LOVE to camp. And this reunion is one of our very favorites. It is so much fun to see all of the cousins. A lot of them we really only see every other year at this reunion so I am glad we still have it. Until next time!





No comments: