I was excited for our whole vacation, Sea World, the beach, just being in sunny California altogether. But Disneyland was the whole reason we were going, it was what I got butterflies in my stomach just thinking about seeing this kiddos there. I could.not.wait. And it more than lived up to my expectations!
Day 1 we started off at California Adventure. I had a long list of things that I wanted to get to here, and I wanted to hit it first thing so that if we had to miss anything we could come back on one of our other days. First thing we started off getting FastPasses for World of Color and Radiator Springs. We got them fast, which I was so glad about. And then when we were leaving the World of Color fast pass we ran into Pluto, perfect timing! Our first autograph in our autograph books.
Macie was actually pretty scared of him, haha! That was as close as she was going to get.
Macie's face. haha! See how happy she was about being that close to him.
After that we headed to Car's Land. The girls and I road a ride with the tractors from Cars. Harley was like 1/2" too short for it! Bummer! It was fun. Tow Mater was parked right outside the ride, so of course we got a picture!
We walked through Cars Land, down Route 66, I should have taken a better picture of the whole street, it looks exactly like the movie. They did an incredible job. Then we turned around and what do you know, Lighting McQueen was driving down the street!
Our fast pass for Radiator Springs wasn't for about an hour, so we headed to A Bug's Life to ride some rides there. First we rode Flick's Flyers, which Harley was thrilled he got to be a big boy and ride!
We rode a few rides here, and then we headed back to Radiator Springs, oh.my.word. Probably the absolute best ride at Disneyland. It is new since I was there last, so I had never been on it. First I took Emery and went, then we switched and Jake took her and went. She is lucky and got to ride every ride that the babies couldn't go on, twice! This ride took you through the whole movie, the racing, everything. I wish we could have ridden it 5 times at least. SO much fun.
Paradise Pier. I wanted a family picture here, but we didn't one...oh well. I am glad we at least got this one.
This isn't a great picture, but it's the only one I have, and we HAVE to document this ride because it was probably Emery's favorite. haha! We went on this ride FOUR times. It's the Ariel ride, and she loved it. We went through Car's Land, all the rides in Bug's Life, this ride, and then to there is an explorer place with slides and ropes to climb, all kinds of stuff. After that it was time to go to one of the things I had been looking forward to the most. Ariel's Grotto, having lunch with the princesses.
This was our first princess sighting. You can imagine how excited these girls were.
It was really fun. We got some amazing food, some creme brulee that I am pretty sure Jake still has dreams about. Plus we got to meet Ariel, Cinderella, Aurora, Rapunzel, and Tiana with zero lines. Definitely worth it.
Another highlight was the Disney Junior Live on Stage show. The girls LOVE Sofia the First, Micky Mouse, and Jake and the Neverland Pirates, and all three of these shows were part of the show. So it was an absolute must, it was a lot of fun.
After this we went to Elsa and Anna's castle, took pictures in front of these famous doors, ran around the ballroom, and then went to the Elsa and Anna Sing Along. Honestly this was one of the highlights of the trip for me, and probably the girls too. It was so much fun.
Seriously imagine the most Frozen obsessed toddler girls, singing Let it Go, WITH Elsa, with lights and snow falling. One word, magical. It was beyond magical.
As soon as that was over we went straight to meet Elsa and Anna. The girls had been waiting for this since the day we told them we were going to Disneyland. And it did not disappoint. They were in heaven. They would have never left we hadn't forced them.
They were so happy. As we were leaving Macie says very matter of factly, like they've been her best friends for years and years, "Yeah, I love them" haha! It was so cute. If the entire rest of the trip had been awful, this hour of the show and meeting them would have still made it worth it just because they were so happy. But luckily the rest was equally amazing.
California Adventure is my favorite at night. Everything is lit up so pretty. Macie and Harley were long asleep. Macie was asleep was 6:00, and Harley wasn't far behind her, he had at least napped earlier in the day. Macie was OUT. We tried and tried to wake her up for different things and she would instantly fall back asleep. So it was just us and Emery, which she wasn't upset about! We rode more rides, including the swings. And then we had to get a Mickey Pretzel to snack on before the World of Color show!
I was soooo excited about this. The rides are Disneyland are fun, especially the newer ones, they keep making them better and better, but honestly the shows make Disneyland the most magical. Like bring you to tears magical, which is what they do to me! Especially World of Color. We videoed pretty much this entire show, which I am so glad about, I can't wait to watch it over and over and over until we can get back!! Emery loved it too. We tried to wake Macie up but it just wouldn't happen, so we let her sleep. So she'll have to watch the videos! It is amazing. It was the perfect ending to a perfect day.
Pretty much our first day was perfection. I couldn't have imagined it being any more perfect. We did every single thing we wanted to, had very little wait on anything, and had a blast. We could have spent at least another day in this park alone doing things again, and doing the things we just didn't have time for! I was hoping to make it back on one of the other days, but Disneyland kept us too busy. Hopefully we'll be back soon to do it!






























No comments:
Post a Comment