Saturday, August 30, 2008

{Welcome Home Elder Johnson!!}


I have so many pictures and have had zero time to post! But it has been a great week! One of my two best friends in the whole world came home from his mission last Monday and it has been so much fun! I'll start on Monday!

Monday another one of our friends Nate and I met all of Jason's family at the airport, there was a little confusion about which terminal Jason was actually come through, but about 5 minutes before his plane landed we got it all worked out! There were three other families there waiting for missionaries so it was really fun. We'd see someone walk about the corner in a suit and everyone would wait to see who's it was and then all of the sudden one family would just start cheering! Luckily Jason was the second so we only had to go through that suspense once! He came down the escalator and I barely even recognized him! I'd seen pictures throughout his mission but he still looked different in person! It was so fun though. He came down and hugged his mom and all of his brothers and their wives and kids and his sisters and grandparents and then he came over to Nate and I. He gave Nate a big hug, and then turned and shook my hand haha! He was still set apart as a missionary so that is all I knew I'd be getting, but it was still a little wierd! Then his mom wanted to take a picture of us and he started to put his arm around both Nate and I to take it and then he hurry and stopped and was like oh I'm sorry! haha! So i'm kinda standin out to the side, but it's all good! It was so fun to be there and see him!

Tuesday night Jason and I got together and went to good ol Stephs for a shake! Then we just walked around Morgan and talked for hours just catching up on the last two years! It was really fun! Then Wednesday Nate and Lindsay came up and we went boating with Jason and his family all day, it was a blast to be back out on the lake! We used to go all the time before Jason left, and so it was way fun to go back! Jason didn't skip a beat getting back on the wakeboard! He was actually better than when he left....After boating all day we went back to Jason's and his mom had made us all dinner. We had barbecued pork and chicken and it was so good! It was such a fun day! It is so good to have him home! I never thought this week would come! My other best friend Brandon comes home in just 2 and a half months, Jason and I are really looking forward to having him here with us! Jason and I are moving to Provo on Monday and Brandon will be joining us in January! So far it has been a blast and we are so excited to have us all back together again! Love you Jason!

Jason, Me, Nate, Lindsey
Jason wakeboarding

Nate, Jason, Lindsey

Nate's wife Lindsey and me

No comments: