Sunday, December 6, 2009

The Forgotten Carols

*Warning-this post is mushy and I'm going to brag about my fiance :) *


Last night Jake and I had the opportunity to go to the Forgotten Carols, this was my 5th time going, and Jake's first. I have been talking about this since September I have been so excited. Going to the Forgotten Carols is what kicks off the Christmas season for me! I always go the first week of December so it's perfect timing. But I have been so excited this year to go with my *sweetheart*, and he loved it! I am officially convinced him that it can be our Christmas tradition every year. Some people might say, don't you get sick of going to the same play every year. The story never changed (although he did say a few different things this year I noticed, a coupld swine flu jokes, etc...) But anyone who has frequented this play knows that you cannot get sick of it. It is the Christmas CD that I listen to the most too. I listen to it all the time. The thing that I love most about this play is the music, and the lyrics to the music. My very favorite songs being, "I cannot find my way" and "Arise and Shine Forth" (seehere) I have a few others that I love love love, one being Let Him In, He Was Here, and Handels Dream. I love Let Him In. The words of this song are perfect for not only Christmas time, but that we need to remember to let Christ into our lives during the rest of the year as well. We get so wrapped up in our busy lives that we forget to take time to stop and think, what this season is all about and why we are here. Micheal Mclean emphasizes this a lot during the whole play. There were a few songs that kind of hit my hard during this whole play, one of them called What I Need. The lyrics were:

All I ever wanted, all I ever dreamed of, everything
I hoped and all I ever prayed for, couldn’t hold
a candle to what I’ve been given, I’ve been
given what I need.

Jake is perfect for me. He is exactly what I have always wanted and I am so grateful for him. He is so wonderful to me and I think the world of him! He exceeds any expectation that I ever had in who my husband was going to be. The song goes on:

And even when I didn’t understand, when I thought
you had no heart, thank you for rejecting my demands,
and always giving me the better part.


This part made me think a lot about where my life was a year ago and where it is now. I always got so frustrated with dating and frustrated with my life. I was confused about where I was supposed to be going and what I was supposed to be doing with my life. I had my life planned out with how I thought it should be and what I thought I should be doing, but nothing seemed to work out, everything would fall through, and I'd be back where I started. To see how frustrated I was then and to see how wonderful my life is now.

At the end of the play Micheal Mclean comes out and they sing the Arise and Shine Forth song and then he has everyone link arms and he sings a song and has everyone join in and sing at the end when you sing "We can be together forever someday" and you sing it over and over, I have done this in the 4 times previous to this time with whoever I was with, once an awkward first date, in Rexburg twice with roommates, last year with my good friends from High School, Brandon and Jason, but this time it meant a lot more to me, because I was with Jake. And we are going to be together forever. I am so grateful for him and the wonderful example that he is to me. He always makes me want to be a better person, to do better. I love him so much and am SOOO excited for May 8th when we get to go to the Salt Lake Temple, and kneel across the alter from each other and be sealed together for time and all eternity. I couldn't think of any other person in the world that I would rather be marrying. I love you so much Jake!!!

1 comment:

Gwen said...

I am so happy for you Kara. You will be a wonderful wife and mom.

Love
Gwen