Last night Jake and I threw our First Halloween Party. We had so much fun, I had more fun preparing than Jake did. But he is a good sport to help with dishes, clean, run errands for ingredients that I forget, and listen to me whine when I can't get the frosting just right! I could never do a party without him! Thank you honey!! Here are some pictures of our fun night!
Our "Trick or Treat, You're so sweet, Here's a treat for you to eat" favors.
The menu:
Pumpkin Soup Bowls with Taco Soup and Creamy Potato Soup
Spiderweb Cheesecake
Boston "Scream" Pie (Boston Cream Pie essentially except I put pumpkin in the cake and Nutmeg and Cinnamon in the filling)
Carmel Apples
Sugar Cookies
Candy Corn Cookies
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting
Chocolate Fudge Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting
White Chocolate Fountain
Homemade Rootbeer
It was so yummy! I think the question I get asked the *very* most at parties is..."Did you make all this?" Yes. Everything you see is homemade by yours truly down to every little cupcake sign on a toothpick. I love to cook. (Except the cute little Pumpkin Soup Bowls, they are from Macey's) These parties take *enormous* amounts of time, but they are so fun that I can't help it!
Now for the guests....
My very handsome Cowboy husband.
Barbie and Ken
Robin Hood and Maid Marian
Voted the Best Couple Costume
Frankenstein and the Mad Scientist
Voted the Funniest Costume
The Ghosts
Voted the Scariest Costume
We played many rounds of Mafia, The Psychiatrist, and In the Manner of the Adverb. Ate Doughnuts off a string, and ate, and ate, and ate. It was so much fun to have everyone over! Thanks so much for coming everyone!!


























3 comments:
Why do I live so far away! :( Looks incredible Kara! You do such a great job!!! Someday I will come to one of your parties if it kills me haha
PPPLLEEAAAASSSEEE move back and come! I miss you so much! I am seriously counting down the days until Dec 18th!! I am so excited to see you! It's time for you to move back!!
That looks awesome!!! I'm bummed we couldn't make it. But yeah, it looks awesome!!
Post a Comment