Monday, May 9, 2011

1st Anniversary and Mother's Day

This past weekend Jake and I headed to Salt Lake to celebrate our first anniversary! We went on a little mini-vacation a few weeks ago to St. George to celebrate, but for our actual anniversary we decided to go back to where it all started. We originally booked the Treasure Island room at the Anniversary Inn, but then I remembered that it was also Mother's Day, and the Grand America Hotel has a fantastic Mother's Day brunch, so we cancelled that reservation and booked one here. It is beautiful hotel, and is where we stayed the day we got married, so I was excited to stay there again. 


Our first stop was the temple. We went and did an endowment session at the Salt Lake Temple, where we were married. It was very special to be back in the celestial room together where we were for those last few moments before we were sealed together. It was fun to see all of the couples in our shoes a year ago in there anxiously waiting to be taken out! We love the Salt Lake Temple and it was so special to be back there together.  


Afterwards we took a walk around the beautiful temple grounds. I was SO glad that we were able to be married in the spring when the Temple Square grounds are at their absolute best. I LOVE tulips and they have plenty of them there. We were able to get so many fun pictures at our wedding with these flowers! It is so beautiful there! We were actually able to get a picture of ourselves too, because a super nice guy walked by who actually knew how to work our camera! We were very grateful, haha. The rest of the day was spent shopping at the Gateway, eating at Jake's favorite, Tucanos, and relaxing in the warm weather by the pool. 


After a nap back at the hotel, we jumped on Trax and went back to the Gateway to the Clark Planetarium. Jake was in heaven, haha. I can't wait until we have little kids to share in his excitement of this kind of stuff.  

After even more shopping and dinner we headed back to the hotel for more pool time. Then spent the night watching TV and just relaxing after an exhausting, but so much fun day. It was the perfect way to celebrate our anniversary, even if it was the day before....Our actual anniversary was shared with Mother's Day! My first anniversary and first Mother's Day all in one :) That morning after breakfast we packed up and headed to Morgan to spend the day with the family. We played lots of games as usual. I have a very good video of Jake playing Just Dance on the Wii with my sister...it is priceless...but unfortunately I do not know how to get videos from our video camera to the computer. So until I learn how to do that you're out of luck. For Mother's Day we got my mom a necklace with all of our names engraved on it, I love it! I can't wait to get one for myself. After an awesome dinner of steak and potatoes we got to talk to my brother! He is on his mission in Toronto Canada. In about 3 weeks he will be hitting his one year mark! It was so good to be able to talk to him. We had such a great Anniversary/Mother's Day weekend. Happy Mother's Day to all of you Mothers as well and I hope you had a great weekend!

1 comment:

Anna said...

So awesome! You guys are a perfect couple! I still remember your wedding day, I'm so glad I was able to be there!! Hey what are your plans in the near future? We want to have you over for dinner at our new place!