Saturday, September 24, 2011

The Nursery

The nursery is *finally* (almost) done! It is actually completely done other than a few empty picture frames waiting to be filled with shots of our little girl. But since she is taking her sweet time in joining us, we are just patiently waiting...Well some more patiently than others. There is something about an aching back, Braxton-Hicks contractions, 12-13 hour shifts, and not being able to see your toes or even roll over in bed, that makes you a little more anxious than most for your little one to arrive...But it's all part of the experience right? One I wouldn't trade for the world! It all just makes me love and appreciate my little girl more, I'm sure I'll need it once she hits those teenage years. For now let's focus on the years when she still thinks we are the greatest things ever though :) Anyway....our little one will hopefully be joining us soon. I can definitely tell my body is getting ready! We'll have to see what the doctor thinks on Monday though, I am really hoping that within the next week she will be here though! I think that 38 weeks is a pretty sufficient amount of time :)
Anyway, here is a little peek at the little Miss's room. It has been a lot of work, but we had a lot of fun doing it too! 

We started off with the Changing Table. We still hadn't cleaned out and organized our office, hence all the desk and papers in the background... 

I LOVE being married to a handyman...seriously.  


 The classic, dad putting together the crib. It's funny for me I would get SO excited to sew something new, or put the bedding on the bed. But Jake gets so excited every time we buy a new baby item and he gets to put it together. He was so excited to put the crib together. I love it. 

Ta Da. We decided to go with Lavender and Green. Not too "girly". Jake very against too girly. I am loving how it turned out. 

Next we have all of my projects...I did a lot while Jake was in China, since then I have just done stuff here and there on my days off. These are burp cloths that I made, I think I got a little carried away, we have 13. Oh well. I am sure we will find uses for every single one. 


This is the project that kept me busy while Jake was in China, well it was supposed to anyway...I finished it before he even flew out of Seattle haha. I love how it turned out though, I had a lot of fun with it. 


Her bow holder, some can't really be clipped on here, but it has been nice to organize most of them. 
Next is the nursery! I love how it turned out. I would have really loved to paint the walls and stuff, but since a) we live in an apartment b) we are moving a just a few months. It wasn't really very realistic...haha. Jake's project was the topper for the changing table, it turned out perfect! Exactly what I wanted and were able to find paint that matched it perfectly. Once again, so glad to be married to a handyman. 

There are the sad, empty picture frames...eventually those will hold pictures of our sweetie, but until then they just hang there bare. 
So there is the tour of the life of the nursery. The whole house is really scattered with baby stuff, missing from these pictures is the stroller in the corner, the bouncer, the swing in the living room, the bassinet in our bedroom, the bottles, the bath stuff, etc...it truly is crazy everything you need for one little tiny person! Our house is all baby ready! And we can hardly wait....now if only she could sense our excitement and come! Here's to hoping my next blog post is announcing our little girl! Wish us luck!

5 comments:

big MAK said...

LOVE it!! Can I copy you...someday?! Can't wait to see pictures of cute little Emery!

Lindsay said...

This is beautiful! :) You are so talented at decorated. Hope you are feeling ok!

Camber said...

That is so adorable! You are such an amazing decorator. I like the purple and green thing, and don't worry, I'm sure you'll use ALL the burp cloths. Babies are always oozing some liquid or another :)

Ultimate Weight Loss said...

So stinkin cute! What a handy couple you two make! Good luck with everything! Get some sleep while in the Hospital- its a rare thing once you are home! :)

Alexa Zurcher said...

How you managed to make an apartment room look like it's straight out of a pottery barn catalog is amazing! Cutest nursery ever!!!! I love it! :)