Wednesday, February 15, 2012

HAFB Aerospace Museum


Since we got married Jake has been begging to go to the Aerospace Museum at HAFB every time we would go to Morgan. We never got time. So now that we live up here we took last Saturday to show Jake the museum. He was in heaven for a few hours :) 

Emery was really interested in all the planes...



Love that smile so much. Makes my whole day. 






P-40 WarHawk


F-16

This was Jake and my Dad's favorite plane. I originally didn't take any pictures of it, because look at it, it's huge. How was I supposed to get a decent picture? But I was put under strict instructions from Jake that I had to take a picture of the SR-71. It is actually a pretty impressive plane. It can fly from New York to London in 1 hour and 55 minutes and London to LA in 3 hours and 47 minutes. Pretty crazy that we went from building prop planes to this plane. It remained a top secret plane that only flew at night when people couldn't see it until about the 70s. 

Glad that Jake was finally able to go to the museum. Once we have some little boys I'm sure we will be making many trips back :)

No comments: