I cannot believe my baby girl is 4 months old! Time is just flying by, but she gets sweeter and more fun everyday. We could not be more in love with this little girl :)
Emery Rose
4 months
Emery has really started to interact with us and her environment a lot more. You can give her toys and she will sit and play with them, usually they just end up in her mouth...
At 4 months Emery's favorite things are:
Her bug toy mostly (but she also likes any toy she can find to fit in her mouth)
Bath Time.
When I get her out of her crib in the morning, you've never seen bigger smiles
Being swaddled to go to bed at night, but getting unswaddled in the morning. She stretches so big and long.
Her Grandpa. Still her favorite person.
Cuddling. I love when I pick her up and she just lays on my shoulder and cuddles. It's the best.
Mommy's hair in her fist.
Being sung to.
Her binki.
Eating
She has most recently started blowing raspberries at us. It is hilarious. She does it all day long when she is excited or happy or anything really. I love it.
She has started a new habit of sucking her lip. It is making me crazy to try and break her of it. When she loses her binki she will suck in her bottom lip (sometimes her top one too) and just sucks. Honestly I wish I didn't have to worry about her getting chapped lips because it is so cute, but she has to stop!
At 4 months Emery's favorite things are not:
Naps. 12-45 minutes is all we get.
Getting in her carseat. Luckily once we are driving she falls asleep almost instantly.
Sitting still. She is a little wiggle worm.
Sitting at all. She has to be standing up on your lap while you hold her hands or laying on the floor where she can kick and kick. People are amazed at how strong she is for her age.
She is especially jabbery and drooling all the time. She talks and talks to us all day long. We live to see her little smiles and hear her belly laughs. We love her kisses she gives us by trying to eat our faces. It's adorable. Mornings she is especially smiley and cuddly, evenings she is usually fussy, when we are especially tired and ready for her bedtime.
We have discovered she loves sour things....well lemon juice is all we are sure of right now. In order to break her of the above new found habit I put lemon juice on the bottom of her lip so that she wouldn't want to suck on it. Well this plan completely back fired and she loved it and wanted more...and more...and more. Once I stopped and put the lemon juice away and she started to cry.
I can't believe how fast my sweetie is growing up! She gets more and more personality everyday. Being a mom is seriously the hardest and most rewarding job ever. It is better and harder than I ever thought it would be. You definitely have to be ready for the whole package..the smiles, the laughs, and the kisses. But also for the screams, the sleepless nights, the missing out on social events. But in the end we couldn't ask for anything more. I wouldn't trade anything for the opportunity to spend everyday with my little princess! We love you Ems!










No comments:
Post a Comment