I know that I am a little bit behind on this but life has been C-R-A-Z-Y for the past week and half.
But here I am, finally getting around to a Father's Day post.
I am SO grateful for this guy that is the father of my sweet little girl. I remember the day we were going to find out what we were having and I as convinced it was a boy, Jake on the other said he knew it was a girl.
Sure enough he was right.
He was so excited. He had never really been around little girls, he had all brothers, and his best friends, the Allens, did have 2 girls out of the 8 of them, but one was quite a bit older than him, and the other younger.
And let's face it, the boys just wanted to be alone anyway.
But even before this little girl was born she has had her daddy wrapped around her finger. The day she was born he couldn't stop staring at her and just kept saying to me over and over, "She is so beautiful".
The day she learned how to say 'da-da' he was beaming, and still does, every time she does it. (which is about 90% of the day....)
Emery loves her daddy so much, when he comes home from work all she has to do is see his car pull in the driveway and she gets so excited she can't even stand to wait for him to get out and walk to her. She will fling herself out of my arms and start crawling across the yard to get to him.
I am so excited to watch this wonderful man help raise our beautiful daughter.
Happy Father's Day babe.
It also wouldn't be right if I didn't mention my own wonderful father. If there was ever an amazing dad, it was him. I got to spend a lot of time with him growing up. In 5th and 6th grade he was a teacher at my school, and in 7th and 8th grade he was one of my teachers. He has coached countless sports teams of mine, and coached me through 4 years of high school softball. I am so grateful for the time we were able to spend together, and am even more grateful for the time him and Emery get to spend together. She LOVES grandpa.
We are lucky girls.
We got to spend Father's Day this year with the Allen's. It was so much fun. Kage had his mission farewell before leaving to Chile today! Then the rest of day was spent just enjoying our time with all (minus Adam and Christy) of the Allen clan. This is me with Chance and Anna's new little girl Kate, only 2 weeks old. We love her so much! And at only 8 months apart Emery and her are going to be best friends. I was holding her and Emery got a little jealous and had to come climb up on my lap. haha. We were so excited to finally see Jake and Jess after what seemed like an eternity! Can't wait until we can get together again this weekend. We love you all!


No comments:
Post a Comment