Here we are, just a few more days and she'll another month older. Time just keeps flying by and this girl just keeps growing and growing! Can't believe how big she is. She is a full fledged toddler, has been for a while now, but still it amazes me everyday. I still, obviously, call her my baby, but in a few months we will have a real baby and Emery will officially be the Big Sister. We'll be transitioning to a big girl bed, and all other things big sister. Makes me sad :( But excited at the same time. She is at such a fun age right now, she has such a silly sense of humor. She is always doing things that she thinks are so funny and then she covers her mouth with her hand, squints her eyes, and just laughs. Cutest thing ever. Her favorite foods right now are oatmeal and greek yogurt. She loves them, like a lot. She always has at least one or the other for breakfast every day. She is like her Momma and has to eat breakfast within a few minutes of waking up. She can't even wait for me to open the yogurt or make the oatmeal. When I finish the oatmeal and give it to her she gets so excited she hurry and takes a bite and then has to give me a big (slobbery, oatmeal-y) kiss. It's the absolute sweetest. She also HAS to feed herself. She has gotten very good with a spoon the last 2 months, and she wants to always eat food that requires the use of a spoon. She doesn't even get too messy with it anymore. It's a pretty smooth process. The only time I get to feed her anymore is if it requires a fork, I won't let her try those yet. She tries to take it from me and use it but I haven't let her yet. I should just give it to her. Anything that requires a fork she just eats with her hands still for now. Getting so big I can't even feed her anymore :( Her favorite snacks are bananas, apples, and raisins. She eats so many it's amazing. The other night after dinner she ate 2 bananas. haha. I don't mind too much since they are so healthy. She also loves fruit snacks but she only gets those on special occasions, aka, church. It keeps her quiet. :)
In the mornings she loves to come and lay in Mom and Dad's bed. Jake is already gone to work so I go get her and bring her in. She goes to Jake's side, climbs under the blankets, pulls them up around her, and lays down on his pillow. Then she wants my phone to play games on. Her favorite is Talking Tom. She loves him. She talks and talks and talks to him. Says Hi! a million times. The funniest is when she signs to him and he doesn't respond so she keeps telling him something over and over. It always cracks me up.
She still asks me a thousand times a day "Where is it?" I rarely know what she is looking for but she is usually satisfied with my answers. For a little while. The only time she isn't is when I say something about Daddy and she says "Where is he?". I tell her work but she continues to look all over for him and ask me over and over. She hates him being gone. Her new word this month is now "What is it?". She is so curious. The "Why" stage that is coming shortly is going to be awfully fun I'm sure :)
She has been showing some major irritation with having to wear a diaper lately. It kind of came out of the blue but she isn't a fan. I've contemplated attempting *very* early potty training, but considering how put out she gets when she has to stop running around a million miles an hour to get her diaper changed, I can't imagine it would go to well. We'll see. We have so much on our plates right now it's going to have to wait a little while at least. Possibly until like August. haha.
She still loves walking around in our shoes. Especially Jake's. She can just slip her foot in and walk. The funniest is when she tries to do the same with her own shoes. She can't just slip her foot in like Jake's big shoes so she gets really frustrated. It's pretty funny.
We're still freezing to death. At least the last week it has finally gotten above 20 and even into the 30s. It's made a huge difference, but we are still freezing. In order to keep the poor girl warm, and in an effort to keep her entertained since we're locked up all day. We've been taking lots of baths and finding lots of activities to do in those baths. Bubble baths with food coloring and shaving cream paint have been two big hits. Her favorite is the paint. She will do that for almost an hour straight. Pretty impressive for this one.
She literally climbs everything. Her most favorite, the kitchen table. She likes to climb under the table, push the chairs out, then climb up the chair and onto the table. Then she wants to jump off. Needless to say we have to keep a very close eye on her these days. She is going to break her arm one of these days. She climbs anything she can and then jumps off. Usually it's just the couches or the ottoman, but she'll try anything she can.
It's crazy how much I love this little sweetie.














2 comments:
It must be weird to think of having another baby. I always think that. I'm like, "But Kate is my baby..." I'm sure I'll always call my kids my babies even when they are big!
Haha me too. Em will always be my baby. Even when there are lots of babies! It's so sad they grow up so fast!
Post a Comment