Friday, January 18, 2013

Last weekend....



This post is about a week late. haha. Emery has kept me so busy this week. Plus everything else that's going on has put me behind. But better late than never! Our weekend last week started off with a bang! Literally. 
Utah got pounded with snow. For days it didn't stop snowing. (Here at least...I don't know about the rest of Utah...) But for about 48 hours straight it snowed. Then factor in the fact that in the last 3 weeks it hasn't gotten above 20 degrees. Makes for awful road conditions. Well Friday night Jake stayed late at work, like usual (at least lately!). He finally left to come home about 8:00. Well about a half hour later I get a phone call telling me he's been in an accident and he needs me to come get him. Typical guy waiting until the tow truck is already on it's way to come take the car to call me to A) Tell me he was in a wreck in the first place and B) I need to come get him (I am 35 minutes away...) haha. It just makes me laugh because had the tables been turn and it was me, I would've called him the second I got off the phone with the police. (Anna I'm sure you can relate :)) Anyway....He is FINE! (Thank goodness....) What happened was he had just left work and gotten on I-15. He was in the far left lane, there was a car next to him, and then a car just ahead of them in the far right lane. I don't know if that car was driving too fast or what, but he lost control, over corrected, and slide across all 4 lanes and flipped around so they were facing Jake. He couldn't swerve because there was a car next to him and even though he hit his brakes he just slide right into them head on. Luckily it wasn't a hard hit though. Everyone was fine. Their airbags deployed and Jake said when he went to see if they were ok (it was a young newly married couple) there was smoke in their car. There's was beat up a lot lore than ours. Luckily our airbags didn't deploy. The car actually doesn't look that bad but as of right now the insurance company is saying that because of the damage that was done it is totalled. But we don't know for sure yet. Right now we just have our Mazda 6 rental car until they get it figured out. I think it is funny when Jake went to pick up the rental they gave him a choice between the Mazda 6 and a Mustang. I'm shocked he didn't take the Mustang but he says the Mazda is more logical for us. Which is true. Although I'm sure he would have loved the Mustang. But I'm just glad he is ok, I'm not thrilled that this happened to our brand new car. I'm getting REALLY sick of car issues lately. It's been one thing after the other lately. 2012 was a really bad year for health and cars for us. I was hoping 2013 would be better. It isn't looking too likely but I'm still hopeful it will get better! So basically this week has been full of constant calls to and from the insurance company. Which I have decided I have insurance companies. After everything we had to go through to get our health insurance to pay for my hospital bills last year and then now everything we've had to go through with the auto insurance. It's been a nightmare. And I hate insurance companies! But luckily stuff is FINALLY getting worked out. So hopefully it'll all be good in a few weeks! 
Saturday morning we headed down to Provo for my little sister's State Cheerleading competition. They have taken State the last 2 years but due to a very unfortunate event in the first 30 seconds of their routine this year didn't go so well. In the very first 30 seconds during their first tumbling one of their fliers came down wrong on her leg and broke both her Tibia and Fibula. She quietly hobbled off to the back but they couldn't do any of their big stunt groups without her. Poor girl was in so much pain. 2 compound fractures, I can only imagine! The paramedics came and took her to UVRMC and she went straight into surgery. She is in for another 8 months of recovery and rehab. So she is out for next season too. I felt really bad. They girls were really upset about her getting hurt so bad. But hey they are still qualified for Nationals so they'll be heading to California in March to compete. 


Emery loves watching dances. Everyone gets a round of applause! 



After the competition we went out to lunch then headed to Chance and Anna's to hang out. Like old times! Emery had to play in Kate's carseat. She loves those carseats to just recline in. But don't even think about buckling her in them! She was climbing in and out of all of Kate's toys. She is a busy little girl. 
After being there for a little while we headed to Salt Lake to meet the rest of the Allen Family, have some BBQ for dinner, and then headed to City Creek for a caramel apple from Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory and to play on the toys!


Emery was in heaven. She was so tired to begin with but after running around there for hours she was exhausted. She had a blast going down slides with "Grandma" Allen. She wanted to hold her finger and go every where. She didn't even want me after she saw how fun she was. haha. We love Debbie! Thanks for playing with Em!
It was such a fun weekend, and the perfect way to cheer us up after an awful Friday night....So glad we got to see everyone! Now hurry and have that baby poor Katie! 

Just a few random pictures of Emery. These are two of her favorite things right now. First, walking in our shoes. if there is a pair of our shoes anywhere she puts them on and walks in them. She loves it. Second, she is really loving her baby she got for Christmas lately. She feeds her her bottle and loves when the baby starts "talking" she sits there and talks back to her. The dolls blows raspberries so Emery will blow them back, it's hilarous. She wraps her in her blankie and carries her around with her. She is going to be SUCH a good big sister! I can't wait. I though I would be more patient waiting for my second, and I am, but I'm still so excited to get this baby here. I am being a lot more patient than I was with Emery though, mostly because double the kids I know is going to be double the work. The places that I can take Emery without having to get a babysitter is going to get slimmer! It's easy to take her to my work meetings because it's just her. But I don't know if I can handle it with two. We'll see! I'm just excited to get a healthy new baby!

No comments: