I'm a little slow on getting this up, but better late than never! We had a great Valentine's Day. Emery is still a little young to understand so I didn't go all out. We did make cookies a few days before and she enjoyed helping with that. I had big plans to make her pink, heart pancakes for breakfast but she woke up in a "mood" and so I ended up just giving her her usual, and very favorite, greek yogurt. We spent the day hanging out, making dinner for dad, and just hanging out. She did enjoy coloring Jake's present though. She is really into coloring right now.
She's pretty good right? haha. I LOVE it.
Dad got home and we let him open his present. Some how he escaped getting his picture taken with it, but it was a big, nice set of router bits. Emery enjoyed reading her card from Jake, we decided against getting her anything to big for Valentine's. She doesn't need treats, and already has massive amounts of stuffed animals and toys of all kids. So we got her a few new outfits and called it good! I did the 14 days of Valentine's for Jake all month also. He really enjoyed that except now we have a house full of chocolate! I sent it all to work with him, except for the treats he got me ;) He also gave me "permission" to buy this diaper bag I have been coveting for a year now. It's been out of stock for months so he couldn't get it, but it's expected back in stock next month! I can't wait. Such a mom.
This is another thing Jake did. He cracks me up sometimes. He made our own little Martinelli's drink for dinner ;)
Here is the only picture I got of his present. I am really excited about it because now it opens up even more projects I can put him to work on around the house! And he loves doing them so it all works out. We decided against fighting with Valentine's Day crowds and stayed in this year for the first time. I liked it! I made Chicken Cordon Bleu with Parmesan Dijon Sauce and it was soooo yummy. Even Emery couldn't get enough of it. For dessert I made a Fried Ice Cream dessert. Emery went to bed not long after dinner. (I am LOVING her new 7:00 bedtime she has given herself...so awesome) We stayed up watching our new Netflix obsession Bones and eating all the chocolate we could stand. It was a perfect night with my sweetie :)
Love you Valentine!





2 comments:
So that's what Jake meant when he said he had the drinks covered haha! How did he do that, it's awesome!
Love that Welkerelli's!! So cute! I want to see this diaper bag that you got, I need ideas.
Post a Comment