Friday, March 8, 2013

17 months


Emery at 17 months:
-HAS to eat everything that she eats with utensils. Fork or Spoon, she has to use one no matter what. She has gotten pretty good with them. 
-Still says uh oh and oh no all the time. This month she also added  Tah-ooo (Thank you) to her vocabulary (which she also signs, but says more often than she signs it), baa-paa (backpack), maa (map), and baby. She still says hi constantly, and asks me about a million times a day, "Where's Da" I say "He's at work" then she says "huh?" and we go around and around. She basically says "huh?" to anything I say. 
-A major copy-cat. She copies everything we say and do. We have learned we have to be really careful about what we say and do from now on! Because it will be mimicked!
-Food is still really tricky with her. But she has gotten a little better. Still really loves fruit. Her favorite actual foods are greek yogurt and oatmeal, loves strawberries and grapes, milk and water are her very favorite things to drink, water has to be out of my water bottle though. I've basically just given it to her. You will rarely find her without a sippy with milk in it. She carries it around under one arm where ever she goes. She also loves cheese. 
-LOVES to help with everything I do. If I am doing laundry I have to hand her the clothes to put in the dryer, if I am unloading the dishwasher she has to take out the dishes and hand them to me to put away. She loves when I give her a rag and she will "mop" the floor. She is also constantly picking things up off the floor and bringing them to me to either put away or throw away. She HATES when clothes are on the floor the most. She says uh-oh and oh no about 10 times until I hang it up or put it in a drawer or hamper. It makes her crazy. I hope this OCDness she has stays because she will be one clean kid if it does. 
-Loves kitties so so so much. And puppies. She gets so excited when we go to my parents and she sees the animals. It totally makes her whole day. When she was sick last weekend she loved having the kitty curled up next to her on the chair. 
-Climbs anything and everything in sight. I have to really keep an eye on her when she is in the kitchen because she will go under the table, push out a chair, climb up it, and then climb up onto the table. She loves to climb, and then jump off. 
-1 month until she goes to nursery!
-LOVES her dolls and stuffed animals. Her two very very favorites that she takes with her every where are a puppy that Jake bought her at the hospital the day she was born, and another puppy that my brother gave her last weekend when she was sick. I swear it was the only time she smiled all day Sunday is when he gave her that puppy!
-Loves to mimic animal sounds. As of right now if you ask her what animal says the sound she will do a puppy, horse, cat, and monkey. (monkey is random I know but she loves it.) Sometimes she will do a cow and sheep but it's still hit and miss with those. We are working on a pig right now. 
This girl is still just busy busy busy but we love it and wouldn't have it any other way!!








1 comment:

Camber said...

I love reading posts like these--it's so fun to watch her personality come out. And you always get such great pictures!