Like usual the weekend after Christmas we headed down to Manti for the Kilmer Christmas Party. Most everybody went on Thursday but Jake's brother Matt was flying in to visit us for a week and he didn't fly in until Friday night. So we picked him up at the airport and headed to Manti. That night was filled with watching the BYU Hunger Bowl game, eating, more football, and games.
The next morning we got up and did the usual shooting, shooting, more shooting, and then the boys when and did some rabbit hunting. I took Emery and Amber and went along and just played in the snow with them. Actually I did some shooting too once some of the boys were done shooting because they took the girls and went sledding.
After the boys got home from hunting we ate a nice big Mexican dinner and then started with our party. We did our usual White Elephant gifts first.
In which I learned, don't do white elephant's with a 2 year old...haha! She did not understand why she opened this present and got a hot pickle. But she did not like it, she was quick to give it away...haha! Luckily she has an awesome family and my aunt Miriam traded her presents and she ended up getting a whoopie cushion. Which she actually thought was really cool.
Braxton got a really neat scrapbook...haha!
Then after white elephants we did real presents. Macie got some really cute bath toys and Emery got a new doll and a book. My grandma also gave each of us girls one of her nativity sets which was so awesome! I got a gorgeous one and it is one that she actually made. I am so excited about it. I have been wanting some nativities and bought my first one this year, but I'm most excited about the one she gave me.
That night was again filled with games, food, football, movies, and kids running around. Emery absolutely loves being able to go and play with cousins. I love it too because she gets to just play with kids and run around and I don't even have to worry about her. There are so many eyes out it is nice to just relax (a little!)
Can't wait until our next weekend down there!








No comments:
Post a Comment