Well hello there blog. I'm back from my little blogging hiatus, and I'm not gonna lie, I enjoyed every minute of it. I love this blog, and I'm glad that I do it. I'm glad all of my pictures are organized and put somewhere, otherwise I'd have thousands (literally) of pictures just taking up space and not doing anything. BUT with that said, it takes A LOT of time! By the time I actually get the pictures on the computer, organize them, edit them, and get them into the blog, I'm into each post about 2-3 hours. So it's not exactly something I can sit down and do during nap time. I actually have to have a free evening, kids in bed, and have the motivation to spend the evening on the computer doing pictures. And with all of the sickness and busyness around here lately, that hasn't really been a feasible option. But I did get these pictures done tonight. I am hoping to get the rest of my December posts done in the next couple days, and hopefully get Macie's 6 month post up here! Before she turns 7 months....anyway...
Back towards the beginning of December we took out annual trip to Temple Square. For part of our Christmas my parents got them, us, and my brother and sister in law rooms at the Hilton downtown and we made a weekend out of it. The original plan was to go to the Tabernacle Choir Christmas concert that night too, but we didn't get picked for tickets. (you just submit your name and they randomly draw who gets tickets) But it was okay, we couldn't have taken the girls anyway so someone would have had to stay back with them, so it worked out. We started on Saturday afternoon, headed down to Salt Lake, had lunch and hit the City Creek Mall! We shopped pretty much all afternoon. They girls did not sleep at. all. though. Macie did a little bit, but Emery was not having it. So by the time dinner time came, she was out!
After some shopping we went to our hotel and checked in and met up with my sister in laws family. They came with us and stayed at the hotel with us. Then we headed back to the mall to have dinner. Both of the girls were totally out by the time we got there. Which was nice, made for a quiet dinner. Which is very rare these days...
But I was bummed that Emery was asleep because she loves Christmas lights. So I didn't want her to miss them. Plus it was getting late enough that I did not want her napping too long, or she would never go to bed! So we woke her up. She immediately wanted Shay but it still took a few minutes for her to fully wake up and realize what the excitement was all about. Then she was really happy.
Love that happy baby.
My sister in law super sweet family.
Emery and Jake being hams. She loves when you'll laugh really loud with her.
After we walked all around Temple Square and saw the lights we headed back to our hotel. Emery could not wait to go and swim so we changed and headed straight to the pool. Macie was a big fan too. Until the big kids came and started diving in the pool...they weren't splashing her or anything. She actually wasn't even in the pool any more when they came, but she was getting so mad at them. Every time one would dive in she would yell really loud. It wasn't a cry or anything, she would just scream at them. Jake and I were laughing so hard.
After the pool we headed back to the room and got cozy in pajamas.
Played a little peek-a-boo with the curtains....
And did some cuddling.
After a little while Macie was ready for bed and we put her down. Everyone else was in the Haws room eating and playing games. So I stayed with Macie and Jake and Emery went to go hang out. After a while Jake came back with a tray of food for me. They had sooo many yummy snacks! Emery wanted to stay and play games with Grandma though so she got a pretty late night. Which made her day. Overall it was a super fun little mini vacation. It was nice to get away even if it was only for a day and night! Thanks Mom and Dad!
















No comments:
Post a Comment