Friday, February 14, 2014

Happy Love Day ;)


Our Valentine's Day started off with a bang. Emery and I woke up to heart pancakes courtesy of Jake. They were so cute! I was very impressed. He also had a couch full of little surprises for us. A dozen roses for me, a single rose for Emery with a card, a monkey, a box of chocolates, and balloon. I got Emery a little play dough and a small memory game and a card. Macie got a card and a stuffed animal from dad. And I got a box of chocolates and a basket full of lots of little things. I'll spare you the details ;) 

Emery LOVED her rose. Like more than anything she got except for maybe the balloon. She sat at the counter as often as possible just smelling it and holding it. She wanted to carry the vase around with her everywhere but I wouldn't let her. She was totally in love. 

We spent the rest of the day after dad left playing play dough, playing games, coloring pictures, making Valentines, you name it. 



After Jake got home from work we started our evening off with a perfect heart pizza. It was delish. Jake was a lucky guy this year and got 3 dates for Valentines! Beat that. ;)

After dinner we had some yummy cheesecake. This is one of Jake's favorite desserts that I make so I made it for him. Macie hit the sack pretty early, she was super tired tonight. Emery stayed up until her usual bedtime. We listened to some of her favorite songs, played hide and seek, played ring around the rosie, and Memory. 
Now Jake is reading Emery bedtime stories while I finish this up. 
Hope you all had a wonderful day. 
I'm going to go break into my basket ;) 

No comments: