Friday afternoon while I was doing some grocery shopping I got a phone call from Jake at work asking if I'd be up for a short overnight camping trip. My brother and him had been planning it at work that day and call me and my mom to see if we'd be up for it. I am probably crazy for saying yes with an 10 day old but I have been itching to go camping so badly the past few weeks and we haven't been able to go! So I said yes. So Jake got home from work and we packed up, headed up to Mantua, and took Harley on his first camping trip.
We didn't really do much, mostly just relaxed. Just what the doctor ordered. We slept in our tent for the first time with 3 kids...It was actually our first time with more than 1 kid. Emery usually always sleeps in my moms trailer but she really want to camp in the tent with us this time. So we made room and had all 5 of us in there.
We need a new tent.
Like a much bigger tent.
But it went well. They all slept great! Neither Emery or Macie woke up all night, and Harley just woke up his usual times to eat. It couldn't have gone any better!
The next day we just hung around. Went on mini hikes, walks, played games, and the girls did sparklers that Colton and Haley brought for them. These girls love their Aunt and Uncle. They are always doing fun things with them.
Macie, as expected, got SO dirty. She was practically just eating handfuls of dirt. I would give her a carrot, she would drop it and pick it back up and stick it in her mouth. She was a mess.
Harley slept through most of his first trip. He'll be a little more excited about it next year I'm sure....
After we got home we were all so tired. Everyone just crashed. Well, except me. I wanted a shower more.
Thanks for the fun weekend everyone!












1 comment:
That last picture of Macie is priceless :)
Post a Comment