Last week was one of my very favorite weeks of the year here in Morgan, the county fair. We always have so much fun. Especially now that our kids are old enough to enjoy it, there is a lot of for us to do. We started off the fair last weekend with the parade and the half marathon. We didn't really go to much on Monday-Wednesday. It is pretty much 4H stuff and the kids can't do any of that until they are 8.
On Thursday though is when all of the other stuff started we headed over bright and early that morning. We went with Emery's best friend Boston and spent the day playing. We did bounce houses, looked at the animals, and ate yummy fair food. Later that afternoon we had lunch with Grandpa and then headed home to take naps.
After naps and Jake got home from work we headed back to watch the Hog Showmanship. This is Shayli's last year that she can show pigs, and we went out with a bang and won Grand Champion in Showmanship.
After the pig show was probably our very favorite fair activity. The Demolition Derby. It was really good this year. We had a lot of fun. After the first heat Emery said to us, "That was rude...but it was so cool!" haha! We laughed pretty hard.
Friday was my due date. I was pretty bummed to wake up and NOT be in labor yet! Ahhhh. So we got ready again and headed back to the fairgrounds and did more bounce houses and slides.
Then we went to see the rabbits, ducks, and chickens.
Played some games and pet a snake and a turtle! (yuck on the snake...I didn't even go close to it.)
That night we went out to celebrate Jake's birthday. His birthday wasn't until Sunday, but we had no idea when the baby was going to come and wanted to make sure that we got to celebrate. So we went to Texas Roadhouse, Jake got sang to and got to ride the saddle, haha! He was a good sport, and even got Ice Cream for it.
Saturday morning there was once again, no sign of baby. We kicked off the morning with Pick your Prize that my mom is in charge of.
Emery did the bubble blowing contest.
Macie even tried to get in on the bubble blowing.
Jake did a few things too, but didn't win any. Oh well.
That night after naps and dinner we went back to the Rodeo.
Sunday was Jake's birthday! I was really surprised that we still hadn't had the baby, but it was nice to be able to celebrate his big day! As much as I wanted to have this little guy, I really didn't want to have him on Jake's birthday. So I was kinda glad that he didn't come that day. I made a Chocolate Fudge Cake with a Mint Cookies and Cream frosting. It was de-lish. mmmmm
And just a random picture of these two best buds eating string cheese. Yesterday in the tub they were playing together and I heard Emery say to Macie "Macie you're my very best friend" it's too cute.
And one of this handsome dude. Just to hold you all over until I can get more of him up on here. I'm just too dang busy cuddling him.



























No comments:
Post a Comment