A few weeks ago we took a vacation to one of my very favorite places on earth, Island Park. We haven't been since right after Jake and I got married, so a few months ago when my mom suggested we go stay at the cabin we used to stay at I was 100% on board. The first thing Harley did when we got there is lounge out on the front porch... He was tired of being in the car. And have I mentioned how obsessed this kid is with sunglasses?
The cabins we stayed at are right on the river, so we spent lot of time here. The kids were in love.
They spent countless hours in this river catching minnows.
After finally talking them into getting out of the river we headed to West Yellowstone to get something to eat and shop. We ate at a really cool "Taco Bus" It was literal bus that some Mexicans turned into a "restaurant".
Day 2 was our canoeing day. We slept in, and sat around and relaxed and did nothing (which felt great to do by the way...) for most of the morning. Then around 11 we went and canoed down the river. It takes about 4 hours, it was a lot of fun. The kids had a blast.
Harley fell asleep when we were about 1/4 of the way there. He quickly woke up when we stopped for lunch.
The next day we went in Yellowstone to see some of the things in there, most especially Old Faithful.
We lucked out and got to Old Faithful about 5 minutes before it was ready to erupt.
Afterwards to we HAD to go get some of our very favorite Huckleberry Ice Cream from the Old Faithful Inn.
Later that night I took some mission pictures for Shayli. Haley insisted we get a "sibling" picture, which in my defense wasn't fair because it was raining... :)
My prop specialists.
Sunday morning was our last day. So we went on one last bike ride before we headed home.
And I had to get a picture of these gorgeous canoes so I threw Emery in front of them too!
We had an amazing week and not one of us were ready to come home. Emery literally woke up Monday morning and cried for a good 10 minutes because she wanted to go back so bad. I could have easily stayed another 2 or even 3 days. Not pictured is even more hours spent at the river, 4-wheeling rides, bike rides, pizza nights, play ground time, and picnics. It was such a fun weekend, I wish we could go back right now!






























No comments:
Post a Comment