Friday, October 14, 2016

Bear Lake 2016


When I posted about our house yesterday I noticed that I never finished this post about our Bear Lake trip back in August! I think it was because I am going to make a video about the trip...but I haven't gotten around to buying my new laptop yet, and I can't make it until I do...sooooo until then I am just posting this. We love Bear Lake so much, and don't get up there near as often as I would like. Which makes no sense really since we live so close to it, but whatever. We planned a trip for mid August and could not wait. About 2 days before we were supposed to leave though Jake's eye started hurting him. The day we were supposed to leave we ended up at the Instacare, who sent us to the ER (to rule out meningitis again...) where Jake was diagnosed with shingles. We decided I would still take the kids and go on our trip though because we didn't want them around Jake. So the next morning I packed up the crew and we headed out. Our favorite place to stay in Bear Lake is the KOA, it has always been so fun. But recently they have done loads of work and made it even better than ever. These slides were the first place we headed out to. There were 3 slides, from the small one Harley is on below, to the giant one Emery is on that I couldn't fit in the picture.



We spent lots of time riding bikes to these slides and to the playground and bounce pillow! I don't even know how many hours we spent there. Most of the evidence of all of that is in video form though...hence why I wanted to post this with the video...


These two little early risers...they are always dragging me out of bed. 



Playing at the Lake. We could spend days here. We've never taken the kids out on boats, to be honest it terrifies me thinking of trying to keep track of these three on a boat. But they are completely content just playing, so we'll stick with it for a while. 




Colton and Haley did take them out on their kayak though. 



Macie helping Harley cross the road after a game of mini golf. Cutest thing ever. She said, "Hah-ley hold my hand so you don't get smooshed." haha!



And of course, a trip to Bear Lake is NOT complete with a trip to Merlins for burgers (not pictures) or some raspberry shakes. This (secret) place has the BEST shakes in town!!

Until next summer Bear Lake. We miss you already. As we were leaving Macie asked if we could stay at Bear Lake forever because "it is my happy place" I laughed pretty hard. It is my happy place too. 

No comments: