Sunday, December 7, 2008

Of things past...and to come...

I have been SO bad about updating my blog! It is hard when I don't have a computer here that I can upload my pictures onto...SO I haven't updated in forever because I can't post any pics! But I will give a brief run down of the last few weeks and then when I go home this week hopefully I can post some pictures! I get my new laptop in like 3 weeks and then I will able to post regularly!! Well my very "bestest" (yes I know) friend came home from his mission about 3 weeks ago now I think it has been, on the 19th. It has been so much fun having him home! His homecoming was that Sunday right after and he did such a good job! It is so nice to have him here again I missed him so much! We have been able to do so many fun things! He came down here 3 times this week and had so much fun. Thanksgiving was awesome. My Aunt Terry Lynn and Uncle Kim came, and Tif and Jon and their family and Shane! It was a lot smaller than Thanksgivings that I am used to and I definately missed having so much family around, but we had a good time still!! We played games and played the Wii which is always a blast! I had to work still all week so I was driving back and forth from home to work all week but it was good still! I did miss the day after Thanksgiving shopping which was very sad :( I will definately be getting that day off work next year! That Saturday we had a baby shower for one of my very good friends Emily at Katie's house. She did such a good job and it was really good to see everyone! Especially Emily! She looks so cute and we are all so excited for her and Derek! This is going to be a big Christmas for them! It was fun catching up with all of my high school girlfriends! We got to see each other fairly often for a few months there because Emily, Katie, and Kelsie all got married! But now we don't get to get together nearly as often with none of the rest of us really "on track for marriage" as you might say...it'll happen just not right now!! haha! Brandon and Jason and I went to my very favorite thing to do at Christmas time on Wednesday The Forgotten Carols! It was so much fun to just hang out with us three and go to that! It was their first time seeing it and they loved it! I made a HUGE Mexican dinner that night since they both went to Spanish Speaking/Mexican missions. And our other friend Jake Blazzard came over for dinner as well! We had Carne Asada, Frijoles Negro, Tres Leches, and Mexican Arroz. It took me ALL day to cook EVERYTHING from scratch, and a little extra help from Brandon, but I made it through and it ended up tasting pretty good! I was happy! Those are the highlights of the past few weeks...Hopefully I will be able to get those pictures up this week sometime for you all! Other than that life is still going very well. I continue to be blessed by the Lord everyday and can see his hand in my life constantly. It has been such a blessing to be down here in Provo with awesome roommates that I adore and with Jason and Brandon coming down January. I am so blessed with those two boys as friends and am so grateful for them! It was also SO good to see my family during Thanksgiving as well! I am blessed with an awesome family!! Both immediate and awesome cousins! We have so much fun together and I am so glad that we were able to grow up knowing each other so well and being so close! I hope that in the coming weeks you will be able to spend lots of time with your family and friends during this Christmas season, because that is really what it is all about. Thanks to each one of you that have blessed my life is ways you will never know. I love you all!

5 comments:

Em said...

Yay Kara! It's about time for an update! Let me know your schedule over the holidays (when you'll be in town) and we need to go to lunch to catch up.

Emily said...

Hey!! Sounds like you've had a fun few weeks! You'll have to keep me updated on you know your friend and let me know if there is anything I should be aware of :) Well it was fun seeing all you guys over Thanksgiving you should come down when Katie and Morgan do I guess sometime in January and we all can see each other :)

Terry Lynn said...

Kara, that was a great update. Now I know what you are doing, and I finally got to hear about Brandon coming home, officially on your blog! The Blazzard kid is in our ward, if I am correct. He is a cute kid. His sister just got home from her mission. We look forward to seeing you at the Thatcher party on the 20th.

Anonymous said...

Hey cute girl!!! I'm SO glad you found my blog and I'm SO glad that you have a blog too! You look SO SO SO darling in your picture with your curly hair and cute blue shirt! Where was that taken? How is nursing school going? Are you still living in Riverdale? Are you clogging this year? I ended up not b/c I'm graduating this week and it would have been too hard. Let me know how things are going k. Talk to you soon, take care!

coyann said...

Laptop? What Laptop? lol