Jake and I had such a fun {first} Thanksgiving together! It started out Thursday in Manti, I had to work that morning but I got off as soon as I could and we headed down there to meet up with the rest of the family. We met everyone at the field where we always go shooting and joined in! Jake was so happy to be shooting his gun, it has been a few months since he is so busy with school and work! He had a blast! After shooting we headed home to finish up dinner and to eat...




Jake shooting skeet with Colton and Justin

Trying out Colton's pistol

After shooting we headed home to finish up dinner....

But the boys all went outside and shot airsoft guns....

Grandma cooking :) She is so cute!

Grandpa gathered the whole family in the dining room for some important family announcements....Tyler got his mission call to the Wisconsin Milwaukee Spanish Speaking Mission, and Jake and I are getting married! yay! Congrats everyone!

The girls, except for Amber and I

Amber and I after dinner

Later that night Jake and I went on a walk up to the Manti temple, it's only about 2-3 blocks from my Grandparents house so even though it was *freezing* it was fun!

Manti Temple

Bright and Early (3:30 am) Friday morning Jake and I got up and headed to Wal-Mart for some crazy shopping!!

We were like 5th in line for the TV, we got a ticket! yay!

Jake with our purchases...yes those are DVDs and there are 27 of them :) They were all 2 and 5 dollars!

Me with our purchases

When we got back to Provo on Friday Jake's brothers called and wanted to go shooting! haha, so we did! We had a lot of fun shooting targets and some more skeet. I even have the bruises to prove I shot Matt's shotgun...one of the most painful guns I have ever shot in my life, but had fun! This picture is of Jake's brother Matt and my cute *future* sister-in-law Chantel.

Jake shooting a car mirror we found with Matt's shotgun.

All the guns...yes these belong to only 3 boys....and this isn't even all of the ones they own!

The brothers having competitions.

Then Saturday we headed to the Stadium for the big game! We were so excited!!

During halftime the BYU and UTAH marching bands played a song together, it was awesome!

Shot of the scoreboard...up by 4...still scary though...

GO COUGARS!!!

Up by a little bit more...but still nerve racking because Utah is playing very well!!!

Row 8 seats, loving it!

At this point we were starting to feel a little bit safe...but it didn't last long! Utah was not giving up that easy!

It was sooo cold! I was wishing I had this guys hat....

AHHH of course they won't go down without a fight!! Sitting on the edge of our seats at this point!

AND they pulled through!! YAY COUGARS!!!!!!! We were soooo excited! But glad that Utah played soooo well, the game wouldn't be near as exciting or fun if they didn't have such a good team to put up a good fight. With a game this close you can't necessarily say one team is better than the other per say. But I am a very PROUD COUGAR FAN!!!!

Rushing the field!

Jake and I in the pandemonium of the field after the game, it was crazy but exciting!

Good game Cougars! And Utes!
Overall we had such a fun Thanksgiving, it was so crazy and busy constantly that today we are takin it easy. Jake said "We should upload our pictures on the computer" I got out my computer and before I even had the pictures uploaded he was asleep on the couch, and still is....we are exhausted though after such a long, fun week! Thanks family for hanging out with us so much, it was so fun to see you all!!
1 comment:
Love your blog Kara ! You two are such a cute couple and I'm so happy for you :)
Post a Comment