In my last post I mentioned the new lds.org I have been messing around with it the last few days, and I love it! You have to go there and use it! First sign up for an account, all you need is your membership number (on your temple recommend) and you can get an account. Now with an account you can do all kinds of this, just by your membership number it will pull all of your information, what ward your in, etc...it had your ward/stake calender, ward directory, stake and ward boundaries, etc....BUT my very favorite part is the Study Journal. You have your own online study journal! What it is is when you get on and are reading conference talks, preparing a talk for church (like I was on Saturday...a whole other story...), anything. But is what you can do is highlight quotes and things that you like from talks and it automatically transfers them into your journal, you can add your own notes, all kinds of stuff. Pretty neat. I really loved it.
Oh and about the preparing the talk on Saturday night for my 9am church... I am not a procrastinator! Ok maybe I am, but not that bad or that often....Jake and I didn't get the call to talk until then! We had 2 weddings on Saturday too, we got the call about 2:00 Saturday afternoon and couldn't start until we got home from our two weddings...but all went well.
Anyway this is a sort of rambling post, but I really want you all to check out the New LDS.org!
No comments:
Post a Comment