After lots of hard work Jake finally graduated! He actually graduated in Decemeber, but BYU doesn't have a winter graduation so the Winter graduates walk with in April. It was a great couple of days!
![]() |
Elder Dallin H. Oaks was the Commencement speaker.
He is such a fun speaker to listen to, insightful, spiritual, and a sense of humor.
After Commencement we went to out to dinner with my parents, Jake's parents, my grandma and grandpa, and my aunt and uncle.
Then we headed back to hotel. Emery was practically falling asleep the whole way back then once we got checked into our room, which turned out to be a suite which was really nice, she was wide awake! Jake suggested we take her to the pool and let her swim.
She lasted about 5 minutes and was once again exhausted.
The next morning was Convocation. The speaker was Peter Huntsman. CEO of Huntsman Corporation.
I am so mad. All I got of Jake walking were blurry pictures. For 2 reasons...1) they apparently don't read graduation names in alphabetical order...who knew? I wasn't even ready because I figured I had until the end! Then just a few names into I hear Jacob Harley Welker...uhhh this leads us to reason number 2 they are blurry...I had to leave and stand in the back next to stairs at the beginning because Emery was not having sitting in a seat. As soon as they called his name I am shocked hurry and grab my camera, Emery is crying so I am trying to bounce her and take pictures.
Not a good combo.
Therefore the blurry pictures.
Oh well.
Luckily graduations happen again and we'll be doing this same thing again with another degree in just a few years.

So proud of you Daddy!
Jake's good friend Juan Ma, he graduated with his Masters, they had a few classes together, and went on the China Study Abroad together.
After graduation was over they held a big lunch in their building. So we went to say our final good byes to Juan Ma before he heads back to Guatemala to get married!
We are so proud of you Jake! Good job on all of your hard work. We appreciate the sacrifices that you make to make a better life for our family!
We love you Daddy!
Love,
Em and Mom

























No comments:
Post a Comment