Friday, July 20, 2012

2012 Kilmer Family Reunion

 Part of the craziness of July was the Kilmer Family Reunion last week. It was so much fun. We headed up to the Uintahs for 4 days. It ended up being perfect weather other than just an occasional rain, but it was much needed rain so we didn't mind. 

Jake worked for  few hours Thursday morning and then we took off! We got up there that afternoon, set up camp, and headed off to the nearby river/creek to cook off. Emery had fun dipping her toes in the water. She loves water. 





There was sand along the beach that Emery had a blast playing in, until she started eating it and then we put a quick end to it...











Emery got her first true injury while we there. She fell off the couch in the trailer and her two little bottom teeth went up into her upper lip. I wasn't there but when I heard the screams I knew it couldn't be good. I went in and there was blood dripping out of her mouth. Times like these I'm glad I'm a nurse. We got it taken care of and after some Tylenol, lots and lots of cuddles, and a nap, she was good as new. Her lip was originally extremely swollen but by the time she woke up from her nap it had gone down completely. 


This is post-accident, you can't even tell. 



We spent lots of time hiking, four-wheeling, fishing, and just hanging out and relaxing. Then in the afternoons we had lots of games. Bingo, pie eating contests, sack races, egg tosses (Jake and I are still the reining campions! For both Kilmer and Thatcher families, we've yet to lose!). 




Friday night we did lip syncs. Grandma and grandpa did awesome, haha. 

We did "Streak" as our lip sync. Jake was the streaker, haha. It was hilarious. 

Saturday morning 4-wheeling ride. This is when we got rained on the most. I was freezing! But after a while it dried up and we dried out. 


That afternoon we had our Carnival. The kids had a blast. Emery slept through most of it, but woke up at the very end. 






 Miriam was in charge of the store. At all of the games the kids got tickets and then got to go to the store and buy prizes. 
Shayli bought Emery this stuffed animal. I love it. So cute. 



Jake and I were in charge of the ring toss. 

Emery woke up and got in on the action. It started raining at the end of the end of the carnival again. We were going to have dinner and then start a Minute to Win It game but the rain got too bad. So we bagged it and stayed in for the night. It was fun anyway though.



We got home Sunday afternoon and then that night we went to the Weber State Fireworks. We really wanted to go since we weren't allowed to have fireworks for the 4th and I knew Emery would like them. So we headed down. 



She did like them after the first few. When the first one went off it scared her to death. She jumped up and crawled to Shayli as fast as she could and held on for dear life. After the first couple she let go a little and was just fine. Then she couldn't take her eyes off the rest of the night. 
It was a wonderful weekend. Can't wait until next time!!

No comments: