Sunday, July 29, 2012

Busy Softball Summer

Half what has made this summer so crazy is the massive amount of softball we have been involved in...It all started way back in March when I got asked to help coach the High School team. Then in May we kicked it in full gear! Tuesday nights I spent umpiring girls softball. Wednesday nights (until just last week) Jake spent playing with my Dad and Brother and I was a scorekeeper (my old high school summer job). Then Thursday nights I played all night and Jake was a scorekeeper. Then on the weekend after the 4th of July we played in the Annual Marie Maquiddy Softball Tournament. She was a softball player for Morgan years ago but was diagnosed with Breast Cancer at (around) age 30. She passed away about 7 years ago and ever since we have done this tournament to raise money for Breast Cancer research. It is a fun tournament to play. We ended up doing pretty well, we lost in the Semi-Finals though. Truthfully I was kind of okay with that though because I could barely walk. In our last game I slid at 3rd and torn up my leg very badly. Typical injury in high school softball, but it still hurt! I couldn't walk very well for a few days but it healed and all is well now :) Jake's league team ended up doing very well. They took 2nd place, they lost in the Championship game to the undefeated team :) They did great though! Right now we are in between seasons. More CoEd and Men's League starts up again in 2 weeks for fall! Here's to more busy fall nights!

Marie McQuiddy Tournament (our t-shirts were HUGEhere I am kindly modeling the XL)



Men's league

Sometimes Jake argues with the umpire....
This is proof to all of you that ask me if Jake ever gets mad and I tell you yes he does and you don't believe me....here's the proof!
(He really was safe though...even if I am biased it was a poor call :))




No comments: