Well it's official.
I'm one of those people.
You know the kind....who pay to run. And then have the audacity to enjoy it! I never liked people who ran. As I'd drive past them on a 100 degree day in my air conditioned car I'd silently curse them. It's not that I disliked them as people. They just always made me feel so guilty! Like I should be exercising. Well no anymore. I've been converted and can officially call myself a runner. After Ragnar and now a Half Marathon. I think I have earned that title. Because that's what it is, an earned title. And boy am I proud of it!
This past weekend was the 2nd Annual Morgan Marathon (and Half Marathon and 5k) if you remember Jake did it last year. He was disappointed that he didn't do it as fast as last year. (1 hour and 40 minutes last year...1 hour and 45 minutes this year) It doesn't make much sense because he is in a lot better shape this year than last year, but he felt a lot better after this one! He ended up in 29th out of 155 men overall though in all age groups, so I don't feel too bad for him :) I did good for my first one I thought. 150 out of 211 overall. I probably could've done it faster but I so worried about pacing myself so that I could make it through the whole race without dieing that I ran a lot slower pace than I usually do. But next time (which I'm sure there will be) I will know that I can push myself a little faster. This route is also a really hard one. It is lots of uphill and a little downhill. Luckily I have ran it lots and lots and lots already so I knew what to expect. I'm excited for next time!
The whole race thing on this particular Saturday is to kick off the week of the Morgan County Fair (which is awesome by the way...you should all come to Morgan and check it out). So that night is the Fair Parade and a big hamburger and hot dog dinner in the park. When we got to the parade to drop off Emery with my Dad to ride on his float with him we saw our neighbors with their little dog. Emery loves dogs so she had to say hi!
Emery got to ride on the County Council float with my dad. She wasn't sure what to think about him throwing lots of candy out to every body else!
Shayli on the Cheerleading float.
On the float my dad gave Emery a sucker (with the wrapper on) to play with. Next time the knows he looks down and she found a way to get the wrapper off and really enjoy the sucker. Needless to say he was very sticky...and so was she. Luckily I found a toy that she was more interested in than the sucker and was able to steal it away and get her cleaned up.
After the parade we headed to the park for dinner and the concert in the park. By the time we were done Jake and I were beat. It had been a long, long day. We headed home put Emery to bed and relaxed watching the Olympics. (Which we haven't stopped doing since Friday night...oh how I love them.)
Hope you are all cheering on Team USA right along with us!
Especially all of our Utah Athletes!
Check out this beautiful Morgan sunset.
I am so in love with this town.








2 comments:
I can't stop watching the Olympics either! You inspire me, Kara...I've always wanted to run a marathon. I've let life get in my way, and become my excuse for not doing it. Time to quit procrastinating....who couldn't use those endorphins?!?!
Man, just another reason I wished you lived closer! You could help me get back into running shape! :) That is so cool you did both of those huge races! So proud of you!!
Post a Comment