Tonight my heart is full.
Scratch that...it's overflowing.
It's funny how the simplest of things can make me feel this way. From the tiniest little grin from Emery to a simple kiss on the cheek from Jake. But tonight it's a combination of them both.
I LOVE watching them together. It gets a little more fun every day. Emery is catching on to his teasing and is playing along 100%. Tonight in particular.
Jake leaves to go make me popcorn. (Our nightly snack) Emery is looking all around for him. He sneaks around behind her and says, 'boo!' She instantly gets a grin the size of Texas on her face and crawls as fast as those chunky little legs can take her to him. They do this back and forth until he just starts chasing her. She is crawling so fast she "trips" and starts to giggle.
And then it happens. That moment when nothing in the world matters but those two. When the sound of my little girl giggling while playing with her Daddy is the greatest sound I have ever heard. When I realize that no matter what happens as long as we're together, that's all that matters. When my heart is so full of happiness and love I feel like I'm going to burst.
Jake brings me my popcorn. A few minutes later I go in to him rocking her to sleep. And once again I melt into a big puddle right there.
I sure do love this life. It's not perfect, but boy is it oh so good.
1 comment:
That's really cute!
Post a Comment