Summer is slowly slipping away...truthfully I can't saw I'm terribly upset about that though. Don't get me wrong, we had an awesome summer, but Jake and I are more fans of the cooler fall. I don't like Winter one bit though so I'll stick with Summer and Fall. The wonderful thing about this year though is we are not going back to school! Yahoo! So really our "summer vacation" doesn't have to end. And we get to hit the hot vacation spots in the fall when they've slowed down a bit. And boy are we excited to get going. August has been another great month. Definitely A LOT slower than July was, which I was grateful for. I started a new job in July that I love. Like a lot. It is so perfect for our family it couldn't get any better. I work for a company called Legacy Healthcare. We do Home Health and Hospice. (Know anyone needing either in the Salt Lake, Davis, Weber, Ogden, or Morgan areas? :)) But basically I'm one of their 3 on call nurses. So when the day nurses are off, from 5 at night to 8 in the morning we are on call. I do just 2 nights a week, every other week! We have an answering service that the patients call if they need anything, they call me, and I talk to them on the phone and answer their questions or drive to their house, do whatever is needed and head back home! It's wonderful. I get to be home with my family, never have to leave Emery, and still get paid! Any time that I have actually gotten called out to go to a patient Jake and Emery have been able to come with me. So yeah, I love it a lot.
Last week we went to the Brigham City Temple Openhouse. Don't judge us. We aren't in church clothes...it was a spur of the moment Lunch date. Our tickets weren't actually until the next day, but plans changed and they let us go early. It was beautiful as expected, they all are. We are really excited for the Dedication in a month and then to be able to go do work there. The Ogden Temple is currently closed so our closest options now are Bountiful or Logan. Jake's office is only about 10 minutes from the Brigham Temple so that will be really nice to have a closer option!
We also helped my little brother move back up to Logan to start his 2nd year of college. He got back from his mission in May and is now ready to start back with college. Em is going to miss her buddy but he'll come home to visit and we are definitely going to be heading up there. I know of no college kid who'll turn down a dinner :) Especially an apartment full of boys! :)
August has also been full of lots and lots of lunch dates and dinners. (Sadly I have taken zero pictures at them...) It's funny because there are only 2 restaurants in Morgan, and one is better that the other :) So you usually end up there. So I think just this month I've been to Taggarts about 6 times...that is more than the rest of my life combined I'm sure of it. But it has been amazing to catch up with old friends and it seems doing that over food is the best way to go :) Lots more of these already planned for September and I can't wait.
Jake is still working lots. He is staying plenty busy at work, then he has started doing some pruning for the neighbors on the side here and there. I guess he missed his pruning days at BYU :). Just kidding. He really does enjoy it and he is really good at it so it's a talent I'd like him to keep up. The only downside is it has left zero time for our yard. So hopefully soon he'll be able to touch up our bushes!
Emery is still just busy busy busy. Getting into everything. As I type she is currently emptying everything out of all of the drawers and cupboards. Oh well. More updates on her next week...as she hits 11 months. Holy moley.
And then in no particular order at all...here is some of what else we've been up to the past month....
And then in no particular order at all...here is some of what else we've been up to the past month....
*Date nights in
*Rainbow cupcakes for primary (I teach the 4 year olds)
*Falling asleep eating Zucchini bread
*Photoshoots
*Play dates
*Bike Rides
*Playing in the "tent" at Grandma's house
*Relay for Life
*Morgan Football games and watching Shayli cheer
And so much more that unfortunately just didn't get documented with pictures....
Oh and here are also a few pictures from our 24th of July (way overdue...) I never got around to looking at any of the pictures besides these four, so they'll have to do. At least something is documented right?
Well that's about it for this month. We're wrapping up summer and heading into our favorite...fall :) We are kicking it off just right with a trip to Jackson Hole with our best friends, 4 days, 4 days, 4 days. We. can't. wait!














No comments:
Post a Comment