After taking Emery to the Baby Animals Exhibit last year at This is the Place last year, we knew we definitely had to do it again this year. But a few days before we were planning to go we got a flyer in the mail about one just right in Kaysville. Plus it was half the price of the Salt Lake one, so we decided to try it out! It made it nice to not have to drive all the way to Salt Lake. I don't know which one I liked better. I think this one is much more reasonably priced...I actually think if Emery were older I would have liked this one better, but a lot of the activities that they had Emery just didn't care to do. Next year I think she would like this one a lot better. But either way, all she really cares about is the animals and being able to see and pet them! So she didn't care one bit! I like that you get to get up closer to the animals at the other one, this one they are all in pens. But Emery didn't mind. She still walked right up and petted them all!
She thought these lamas were bears...haha. They kind of do look like a teddy bear. She just kept pointing at them and saying "bear".
I'm pretty sure Emery was lucky enough to inherit Jake's terrible allergies...argh...I feel so bad! A few weeks ago at my sister's track meet the wind started to blow and within minutes her eyes were swollen up, she was sneezing and rubbing her eyes terribly. The track is right next to the trees that always make Jake's allergies act up. Then again at this baby animals thing after a little while she started to get a little grumpy, and her eyes were swollen and red. She didn't sneeze or anything, but she was acting like she felt miserable. After we left within about 30 minutes she was completely fine again. I'm sure it's not animal allergies because she has been around TONS of animals all the time and never has a problem. It's got to the same thing that Jake has. My dad has bees so when the honey is ready I'm going to give her some of that, and I'm hoping that it helps her! Anyway, we got some yummy snow cones and that made her pretty happy!
Next up, baby chicks.
The picture on the right makes me sad. You can just see how miserable she feels...she was trying to be a good sport, but after a little while she just felt so terrible. We had pretty much seen everything anyway so we decided to leave. They had face painting we could have done, but there is not a chance she would have held still for that. They also had pony rides, I don't know how she would have done on that. But like I said, she was ready to go anyway, and the line was really long! I think she had fun anyway with what we did get to do though. I'm glad we took her! We are loving all of this sunshine! We especially love weekends when Dad is home!

















No comments:
Post a Comment