Monday, April 28, 2014

Cardboard House

It has been so chilly here lately! I've about had it. It's so crazy to me we had such a warm March, but now April has been so cold. I guess cold is a relative term, since it has been in the 40's usually, which is much warmer than December or January was. But still. Not warm enough for the girls to be running around outside. Between the cold weather and being sick for about a week, we've had it with being inside! Last week we all got the flu, so lots of time was spent not moving from the couch if possible. So today when we woke up to snow on the ground, and I knew we wouldn't be heading outside or to the park yet again, I had to think of something to occupy our time! So I raided out massive cardboard box pile, and Emery and I got to work making a house. 


After I got it all cut and taped, Emery went to work with markers and stickers. She was so proud of that thing. 

Macie woke up from her nap about halfway through and joined us. This is what we call the scrunchy face. It's a favorite of hers, and ours. 

She even enjoyed a morning snack in there. Once Jake got home he put a door on with handles so she has been in and out of it all night. She really loves her house! It was a fun activity to keep us busy today!


And this girl is the absolute sweetest. 

No comments: