Friday, April 4, 2014

Day 2 of Sea World

I told you so....I knew that any blogging once I got home from vacation would take me for. ev. er....
But since Emery spent the day with Grandma and Grandpa today I had some extra time to go through another days worth of pictures to get them blogged! Wahoo! 
So Day 2 of Sea World. We got there and on our way to another exhibit we saw that it was play time for the dolphins. And I am so glad that we did! It was so much fun! They throw in a bunch of balls and toys and the dolphins just swim around and play. You can pet them too when they swim up to the walls. It is super fun. We stood there and watched them for a good 10 minutes at least. 

After the dolphins we continued on to the Underwater Shamu exhibit that we were originally going to. This was probably the highlight of the whole trip. All of the people were crowded onto the other side of the exhibit because Shamu had come right up to the glass over there. Emery just stayed where she was, by herself. After a few minutes Shamu swam right up to her and just sat and looked and played through the glass with her. It was so neat! Jake had just pulled out the video camera and I had just gotten out my camera. It was perfect!

It really was the coolest thing! I am so glad we got these cool pictures of it!


Next up we stopped to pet some starfish. 


Emery stopped to feed some flamingos. 


After a few exhibits we had a little bit of time before a show that we wanted to go to so we headed to the Sesame Street Bay of Play again. It is such a fun place for the kids. Emery was still to small to go on a lot of the stuff, but there was still a lot that she could do. Including all the rides. 



The next highlight of her day was this...meeting Elmo. Oh my goodness, you have never seen a happier little girl. She was so impatient waiting in line, she really just wanted to hug him. So as soon as we got to the front and it was her turn she ran to hug him and give him kisses (picture on the left). Macie on the other hand was less than impressed with Elmo. She was terrified of him! I felt so bad! But it was only a few seconds, and Emery was on cloud 9 knowing that she got to meet Elmo!


Jake taking pictures in the wierd, distortion mirrors. 




After some time in the Bay of Play it was time for the "Pet's Rule" show. This show is super neat, I have been to it before and I was super excited to take Emery, knowing her love of cats and dogs. It's mostly a show of cats and dogs, but they do have a pig and some birds in it too. But all the cats and dogs are from rescue shelters. They train them to do the coolest things! Obstacle courses, swimming, cats walking across the tight rope, all kinds of stuff. It is a really fun show.  
After that the girls were exhausted. They fell asleep in the stroller and Jake and I grabbed some lunch while they were sleeping. It was so nice that both days they slept while we grabbed lunch. After lunch Emery was still sleeping so Jake and I did some souvenir shopping. Eventually we just woke her up, haha. She was so tired! But then we headed to the dolphin show!




Seriously so cool. It is amazing what they can teach those animals to do! We had told our hotel shuttle not to pick us up until 6, we wanted to get every minute out of Sea World knowing that it was our last day there. So we went and saw a couple things that we had seen, but wanted to see again, went on a ride, then headed back to the Bay of Play for the girls to play. We were there for about an hour and a half just letting the girls play and play. They definitely wore themselves right out. It was seriously so much fun. I can't wait until our next Southern California trip to go again!!



No comments: