Friday, March 28, 2014

San Diego- Sea World Day!


Emery has been looking forward to seeing "Shanbu" (as she calls him) so much. Ever since we told her about him and that we were going to see him. She would tell everyone where ever we went that she was going to see the whale Shanbu. Then she would proceed to "talk like a whale" (from Finding Nemo). She has been so excited! Jake was super excited to go too, and I was excited to see them all there because I knew they were going to LOVE it! So Wednesday morning we got up, had breakfast, and headed over.  


Our first stop was the penguins and the puffins. Both girls were enthralled with both. 




After that we went over to see the Beluga Whales and Walruses. Emery really liked both, but continued to talk about the walruses all day. Even after we got home last night she told everyone that she talked to that she saw walruses. 




Sea World has a really cool area for kids called the Sesame Street Bay of Play. We didn't spend too much time there yesterday, but we are going back this morning as soon as it opens and we will definitely be spending a lot of time here. They have kids rides, play grounds, toys, and all kids of fun things. Emery had a lot of fun in the time that we were there. But we had to cut it short to make the Shamu show! The highlight of the day!



Shamu! This is probably the coolest this at Sea World. It is SO much fun. With our little kids, and my camera, we didn't sit in the soak zone this time. Which I think is the first time that I haven't...but it was nice to be dry after the show ;) It is absolutely AMAZING what they can train these whales to do. Both Emery and Macie were amazed the whole time. 

Emery was so tired by this time. She just sat and stared....I think we will go see this show again today. It is just too cool not to see it as much as possible. 



After the Shamu show Jake and I were ready for lunch. As we decided on a place to eat and what to get both girls fell asleep. Which was exactly what I was hoping for! That they would get some sleep while we were eating so they didn't miss anything. Macie woke up not too long after, but Emery slept all through our lunch, so we decided to go look at the souvenir shops, after walking through a couple of those, she was still asleep. We didn't want to waste any time so we went to go see the turtles, but we didn't want her to miss it! We ended up just having to wake her up. She had been asleep for about an hour and half by this time, so we figured that was a pretty good nap. She was OUT. It took me a good 5 minutes to get her awake and going. But once she saw the turtles she was so happy.





A little while after that we went to the Sea Lion and Otter show. Emery absolutely loved the Otter, and she just kept calling the Sea Lions Walruses....haha. But she really liked the show. It is so cute what they do with them. 



Before it was time to go to stopped at the little tide pools that you can pet some of the animals, these were Bat Rays that Jake and Emery were petting, we saw fish, crabs, some little kind of shark. 

Then it was time to go for the day. We were BEAT. And it was getting to dinner time. We decided to wanted to head to Old Town to walk around and have some amazing Mexican Food. So we did. After dinner we walked the streets of Old Town and stopped at an Old Fashioned Candy Shop. They make homemade Taffy right there so we go some, and it is probably the best Taffy I've ever had. SO yummy!








We walked around a few more shops. And I picked out my souvenir for the trip. And oh boy am I so excited to try it when we get home! I got some Olive Oil and Vinegar from the Temucula Olive Oil Company. Oh man I've never tasted such yummy Olive Oil. And it's so healthy and pure. I can't wait to get home and make a delicious salad with some Blood Orange Olive Oil and Vanilla Fig Vinegar. mmmmm



In the center of the square this Mariachi band was playing, they were so good! It was really cool because they were playing like Pink Floyd songs that they had turned into Mariachi. Emery was LOVING it. She sat there and danced and danced until they had to take a break. Every one was loving watching her, and clapping for her. It was so funny. 


Even afterwards they played a special song just for Emery, "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star". So we got a picture with the singer. Jake and I almost bought their CD just because they were so nice to her and Emery loved it so much!

After that it was getting late and we decided to call it a day and head back to the hotel. It was such a fun packed day. We were all exhausted from being busy, being in the sun all day, and just having fun all day. Sea World opens in and hour and a half today and I can't wait to hit it all again!

No comments: