It's hard to believe that Emery is in this family, a Kilmer and a Thatcher, and is 2 1/2 and barely getting on a horse for the first time, but it's true. Grandpa Glen passed away, and my dad's horse died about a year ago, so there are just no horses in the family for her to ride! It has made my dad crazy, but he isn't buying a horse again until he has the land to grow his own hay too. So we're without horses for now. But luckily one of my mom's coworkers has plenty of horses and offered to have Emery come over and ride tonight. You have never seen a happier little girl. She just kept telling us "Emmy so happy!" "Papa da horsey make me so happy!" "Emmy a cowgirl!" and doing her queen wave to everyone she rode past. I am not sure where she learned the beauty queen wave, but I noticed her doing it the other day and I had to laugh.
It was very hard to get her off when it was time to go. She did finally get off as long as she could go with Papa. Then she went and fed him carrots and pet the other horses. She was one happy happy girl. They told her she could come back any time and ride, I am sure she will be taking them up on that since they live practically next door to us.
She would be her Grandpa Glen's "right hand partner" as he would have said. Just like I was. Oh how we miss you grandpa.
Macie was just content to play in the dirt.




No comments:
Post a Comment