Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Memorial Day 2014

 As per tradition we headed out to the West Desert to go camping again over Memorial Day weekend. Every year Emery enjoys camping just a little bit more. And Macie is in love with it too. We definitely have a couple campers on our hands, which is good because we love to do it. We headed out Friday around noon and couldn't get there fast enough. Emery has been asking for weeks when she gets to go camping. She has been so excited.  
She thought it was pretty cool that she had a shovel like "papa"

Macie has started loving dolls lately. Like a lot. It's so funny because Emery has never really cared too much for dolls. She goes through phases where she likes to play with them and then it goes, but Macie bear hugs any baby she sees. 

Emery had so much fun playing with cousins. They rode bikes, four wheelers, dug in the dirt, painted rocks, played with baby chicks, played with bubbles, you name it, they did it. 








Emery slept in my mom and dad's trailer every night, but Macie slept in the tent with us. She was so funny in the mornings. She is definitely a morning person. 


Of course we went on lots and lots of four wheeler rides. If Macie even heard a four wheeler turn on she would squeal and squeal and want to go on a ride. When we went on a big ride with everyone one day Macie stayed at camp with my grandma (thank you!!) and she was throwing a big fit watching us leave. So we made sure to take her on a few once we got back. 


If this doesn't show you how much Emery loves being outside and four wheeling...nothing will. 

Fixing one of the 2 rolled four wheelers we had on this ride...yeah it wasn't the best trail....I actually got off this one about 10 seconds before it rolled. Thank goodness. Christy was fine aside from some cuts on her hand and a sore foot where the bike landed on her. But with being pregnant I don't know if I would have been so lucky. I'm just glad that I wasn't on it. 


haha I love how this shows the pure happiness of this girl when she is on a four wheeler. 







Overall we had a wonderful weekend away from anyone and everyone. No internet, no cellphones, nothing. I love it. 


1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love your blog! the pictures are always awesome! Your camping trip looks like so much fun!