Thursday, July 10, 2014

4th of July weekend

Saturday morning we woke up and didn't really have anything planned for the day. But Jake said he didn't want to stay home all day. So I suggested that we go to Park City for the day. So we did! 
First off we stopped at the Outlets, I could've spent all day there shopping and spending money..But I knew the rest of the family wouldn't love that idea. So we only went to the Columbia store. Emery and the new baby both needed new rain jackets, and all 3 kids needed new snow stuff. So we stocked up. We love Columbia's coats and jackets! 
After that we grabbed some lunch and then headed to Olympic Park. I had actually never been and we thought it would be fun. This is where they did the Bobsled, Luge, Skeleton, and some skiing events during the 2002 Salt Lake Olympics. It is now a training center for the Olympians that are now training for future Olympics. It's really cool to be able to watch them. 

During the summers they practice into the pools. It was really fun to watch them. 

After watching the skiers for a while we decided to walk around the museum. The girls played in a bobsled. 



I had to take a picture of the Closing Ceremonies display. This is the event that I got to go to when the Olympics came. It was absolutely amazing! I remember KISS and Christina Aguilera singing. 

I also had to take a picture of the Olympic pin display. These were so popular. Since some events were in Morgan at Snowbasin I remember little shops and booths set up all over selling pins. I had quite a few too, I wonder where those are actually....


After that we went to the Discovery Zone. It's basically a big playground for the kids. There is also a zip line course that Jake really wanted to go on. But none of our kids were old enough to go...have to do it another time. They decided to rock climb instead.




After a while there the kids were beat so we decided to head home and lay them down for a nap. While they were asleep Jake made this water blob I had asked him to make for them. They were BIG fans. They love this thing. I'm super excited about it because I was in a need of some fun activities that require little/no effort from me to get us through these next 3 weeks of waiting for this baby. It is HOT outside and I am TIRED. I don't have energy to run around and entertain these days. 



After a while on the blob we headed to the movie in the park. They played Captain America. Macie fell asleep right away, which is what we always hope happens. And Emery actually sat and watched it for a long time. We ended up leaving about 11 because Emery was really tired and we had to be up early to head to Provo for a baby blessing. 



Sunday our bestest friends Chance and Anna blessed their baby boy Graham so we headed to Provo for that. (picture stolen from Anna's Facebook ;))

After the blessing we went to their house and hung out with them all afternoon. Emery and Kate had so much playing together. They will be best friends!

No comments: