Well my baby is officially ONE! She has been for a few days, but we got to really celebrate it today! I prefer birthday parties on birthdays, but with hers on Tuesday, that just wasn't going to happen. I actually had a really hard time deciding what theme to go with for her birthday this year. But then when I about doing a Pink Lemonade party I knew that was it! That screamed bright, happy, and sunshine to me. And that is exactly what this girl is. She is so sweet, and happy all the time. She has brought so much sunshine into our lives. We just love her. So we went with it.
Decor:
Activities:
Our party water blob. We made this one much bigger than the other one so that there would be room for all the kids. It was definitely a major hit. Thanks to Jake for carrying out my big plans!
Next up was the cake. It was a Pink Lemonade cake with just regular buttercream frosting. Macie was really excited about every one singing to her. She even applauded at the end.
Then we had some cake and ice cream! Pink Lemonade cupcakes, with Lemon frosting, and Raspberry Sherbet in lemon bowls.
Next we opened some presents. Macie wasn't too big on unwrapping. Emery did most of the work.
Grandma even got Emery a present too so she felt a little bit included. Emery was so happy. She's been having quite a hard time with this wait until your birthday thing. Her eyes lit up when she got to open one too. Macie got super spoiled as expected. Her Water/Sand table from Grandma and Grandpa was definitely the biggest hit. They set that up right after we finished opening presents and the kids played with it for over and hour. I'm super excited about it. It will be so nice to have another outdoor toy to keep us busy! Jake and I got her that ball pit. You can climb through the tunnels, and there is a basketball hoop. It can be used indoors or outdoors which I like too, it will keep us busy this winter when we are stuck inside! We also got her 2 new books for the collection!
Along with the water blob we set up a slip and slide. Another big hit.
So far we've only put water in the table. I will probably hold off on the sand for a little while ;) It will be such a mess!
Our awesome friends Chance and Anna stayed for a little while afterwards and Chance helped Jake clean up and put everything away. I was beyond grateful. This party took any energy I have left to throw! They had to take off to another birthday celebration that evening. Then Jake threw on his swimming suit and he and Emery played and played on the slip and slide. Macie played more in her water table.
We had so much fun celebrating this little girl coming into our lives. We are totally head over heels in love with her. Thanks to everyone who came out to her party!! We had so much fun with you! We missed those that ended up not being able to make it! A few last minute things made it so some couldn't come. Next time though!







































No comments:
Post a Comment