Yesterday was Pioneer Day and Jake had the day off (along with everyone else...) My grandma and grandpa came up to visit, along with my Uncle who is here visiting from Panama right now. We had a BBQ for lunch and then decided to go on a 4 wheeler ride up Hardscrabble. I mostly just wanted an activity that would put me into labor....bumpy 4 wheelers, high elevations, I thought for sure it would do the trick. But alas I am still here...and pregnant. Ahhh I hope he comes SOON!
Anyway.
Once we had gotten up there a ways my dad decided, Hey let's go on a hike! Yeah I about beat him. It wasn't a walk down a trail hike either, it was steep, luckily it was short though. We hiked up to a spring, took a bunch of pictures and hung out a little bit, and came back down and finished our ride.
After our ride we came back home and had another BBQ, this one with chicken and ribs, the first was hamburgers. Once it was dark we lit some fireworks to celebrate our Pioneer heritage!
This picture has nothing to do with Pioneer Day but I didn't have anywhere else to put it. Last Thursday, Jake, Me, my parents, Shayli, Colton, and Haley went to the Steve Miller Band and Journey concert. We had so much fun! Journey is amazing. I don't know much about the Steve Miller Band, Jake knew a lot of their songs, and so did my mom. I ended up knowing more than I thought I would. But Journey is the real reason we were there. We had so much fun, sitting outside (cooking in the 100 degree heat....), watching drunk people make fools of themselves (always a favorite activity at concerts), and singing along with Journey.
Now onto having this baby! I am really hoping for this weekend...or tonight...but not really counting on it. I'm super duper ready. It is HOT and I am just cooking in this heat being pregnant. My sciatica has gotten really bad lately which makes every day an adventure. It's the worst in the late afternoons and evenings. Usually by the time Jake gets home from work is when I can no longer walk. This baby is just sitting in a terrible position on that nerve. Also just last Sunday I had an interesting thing happen. Apparently with my 2 pregnancies being so close together my stomach muscles and ligaments didn't have enough time to heal fully, so a ligament in my stomach pulled. It hurt something terrible for a few days. It's a lot better now, to where it doesn't hurt all the time anymore. Just if anyone touches my stomach. Other than that it's just the normal ailments of being 39 weeks pregnant that everyone experiences. Mostly I'm just tired. I'm really really ready to be tired from taking care of a newborn and 2 toddlers, instead of tired from being hot and pregnant and taking care of 2 toddlers. So send good baby vibes this way. We are SO ready to meet this little guy and have him in our arms! I cannot wait! We feel so incredibly lucky to have these 3 little ones in our lives, and to be able to have them so close in age. It is going to be absolute craziness for a while, but I am really looking forward to it. They will all grow up being each other's playmates so hopefully they are friends! Hopefully my next post is introducing our little man!












No comments:
Post a Comment