Monday, January 5, 2015

Christmas 2014

The days leading up to Christmas were really hard. But we were able to still have a really fun Christmas. The kids make it so magical. More than one tear was shed (mostly by ME!) The hardest part of the night was when Emery kept asking my grandma where grandpa was. She did not understand what we were telling her, and she did not understand why he wasn't with grandma. She absolutely loved him, so that made it really hard to not have him there. But on Christmas Eve Jake's brother Matt flew in to spend Christmas with us. So Jake went and picked him up from the airport. The day wasn't spent doing anything too exciting. That evening we headed up to my mom and dads for our Christmas Eve dinner. After dinner the kids opened up their Christmas Jammies from Grandma.

These two are the CUTEST I tell ya. 



Harley got super cute jammies too. 

After a while it was time to get the girls to bed so we headed home, and they opened their jammies from us. Macie is OBSESSED with this nightgown ever since. The smallest size they had was 2T, so it is way too big on her, but she insists on wearing it. I took it off of her on Christmas Eve and put the other jammies back on her and she freaked out. She has worn it to bed every night since. She hunts for it if she can't find it in her drawer. She has to have her Anna nightgown on.


Daddy and Emery tracking Santa! 


Christmas morning we hung out in the girls room until Dad was ready for us to come out!




Emery was thrilled when she saw everything. 


Elsa and Anna dolls and a stuffed Olaf. The girls have hauled those dolls around every where they go. 

For weeks Emery had been telling everyone that all she wanted from Santa was a Rapunzel doll. She was so excited to see that he brought her one!

I also got Emery a baking set so she can help me in the kitchen. She loves to help me but I didn't have a rolling pin or anything she could use, so I got her one and I am really excited to make cookies with her and let her use it!



Macie got a baby and a stroller so her and Emery don't have to fight over Emery's anymore ;)

Harley got some dinosaur and safari animals, and some small toys that he can play with now. 


Emery also got this blanket that I made her. When she was a baby my mom made her a flannel blanket that has always been her "mimi" she hauled that thing around everywhere. Well it is basically in shreds of fabric now so we new we had to get a new one. I searched everywhere for the original fabric and could not find it. So I took Emery to the store and asked her to pick out fabric for a new one. All she would tell me though is that it had to be orange. She didn't care about anything else. So I did an orange backing with this cute flower pattern on the front. She absolutely loves it, I am so glad!

After opening presents in the morning we went up to my mom and dad's for Christmas Brunch and to open presents up there. Jake got a leatherman pocket knife from my dad. They also gave us a present that I am SO excited about. A year membership to the zoo. I can't wait to take the kids a lot this year! 

I got Jake a Garmin GPS watch, entrance in 5 different races this winter and spring, a 5k, 10k, 10 miler, 1/2 marathon, and a 30k, and a running jacket. He got me a Blendtec blender that I have been wanting for ages! And some money to go buy some kitchen stuff that I have been wanting/needing, and a new book. I also got him and his brother a remote control helicopter. Jake really liked his! The girls love watching him fly it.  

Every year growing up my mom always did a "family gift" that was something for all of us to do together. So I have continued that tradition and did one this year. We only had 1 game that Emery could really play so I decided our gift this year would be a bunch of toddler games. We got Mousetrap, Hungry Hungry Hippos, Cootie, Don't Spill the Beans, Don't Break the Ice, and Operation. So far Hungry Hungry Hippos is the winner. 


I hope everyone had a very Merry Christmas!!!

No comments: