Monday, August 1, 2016

Pioneer Day Weekend 2016

The Kilmer Family Reunion this year happened to be over Pioneer Day weekend. We went to Gooseberry Reservoir up Fairview Canyon. It was really fun. Very beautiful, and full of a LOT of dirt!


I know this picture is blurry, but it was the only one I got of these three on the four wheeler so I'm keeping it! These girls would live on these if we let them. 


We were camped a few miles from the actual reservoir, but we just 1-2 minutes on the four wheelers from this awesome lake. We came here whenever we needed to cool off, or clean off. We actually did full on baths here in swimming suits for all of our kids one day because they were so dang dirty. I am okay with the kids getting and being dirty. But this dirt was a special kind of dirty!! 


Not long after I took these pictures I saw a leech on Harley's diaper. So Jake pulled him out to get it off and we saw one on his foot too! It was already latched on, I DO NOT do gross bugs like that. I wanted to run away. But I had to hold Harley down so that Jake could cut that dumb thing off of him! I couldn't even watch I was so grossed out. Give me all the blood and guts in the world and I am fine, but leeches? Disgusting. 


Harley had so much fun with his two "Ma's". 

Uncle Mike brought his new baby kitties, which meant our kitty lovin' kids were in kitty heaven. All four kittens left with names, and Emery has even decided we are bringing one of them home. He was a pretty dang sweet kitty so I'm okay with it. 


Four wheeling with grandma. 




I wish I could say this was even the dirtiest that these kids had gotten, but it wasn't by a long shot. This was AFTER the previously mentioned bath, and also after having their hands and faces washed again not more than an hour before. They were seriously so dirty. 
Jake still had Monday off work, but we decided to leave Sunday night. (We went on Thursday). So Monday we went and did some other fun things. 



Unofficially we've started somewhat of a "go to Park City for the 24th" tradition. We've done it 3 or 4 times now, so maybe we should just stick with it. We went to Olympic park again. Watched some bobsledding, some aerial skiing, played on the rock wall and ropes course, and rode the chair lift. We went with the original intention of riding the Alpine Slides, but the wait was an hour long we decided to bag it. 


After that we met up with our friends Chance and Anna in Salt Lake. We got snow cones and then went out to dinner. After dinner went and played at Sugarhouse Park (our favorite Salt Lake Park!!) 


It was a great holiday weekend. I only wish it had lasted longer!

No comments: